News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Git, two things:

A) Your grandson is a very handsome little guy.  He must be the apple of your eye.
B) What's happening in this picture?  Is there a trampoline just out of sight?  It's an awesome picture.

OldGit

A - Yes, he is. Thanks, Ali.

B- He jumped off the top of the car.  He did it many times, and I just crouched low and took several good shots.

Sandra Craft

OMA, he is so cute!  Don't you just love the age when they can get a big charge out of jumping?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Sweetdeath

XD I guess i'm the only one who hates children here.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 17, 2012, 04:53:26 AM

Nah, didn't you see Asmo's grumblings?
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Asmodean on July 17, 2012, 05:04:02 AM
HEY!  >:(

Ok XD Just back tracked and read them.  ;D

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Asmodean

Children are best deep fried or boiled to mush. Otherwise, they give His Grayness indigestion.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

I don't hate them, I just can't be around them for over ten minutes before my urge to kill kicks in.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Budhorse4 on July 17, 2012, 05:32:19 AM

I don't hate them, I just can't be around them for over ten minutes before my urge to kill kicks in.
<3 ;D

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Budhorse4 on July 17, 2012, 06:48:08 AM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 17, 2012, 06:42:31 AM
<3 ;D

Needles to say, I don't plan on becoming a mother. Ever.
XD My stance on child bearing is self explanatory.

Siz

Quote from: Budhorse4 on July 17, 2012, 05:32:19 AM

Since when did that stop anyone?

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

OldGit

In some sense kids are like women - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.  ;)

EDIT:  Mrs Git and I have been married 41 years today.  And yes, that is a reason to be cheerful, in spite of the above wisecrack.

Tank

Quote from: OldGit on July 17, 2012, 08:53:09 AM
In some sense kids are like women - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.  ;)

EDIT:  Mrs Git and I have been married 41 years today.  And yes, that is a reason to be cheerful, in spite of the above wisecrack.

Congratulations to you and Mrs Git!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.