News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 04, 2012, 02:29:54 PM
Quote from: Tank on May 04, 2012, 02:05:23 PM
Cecilie just logged on

Where have you been?  ;D

I was just thinking about her! :)
But she didn't post  :-[
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

Come back, Cecilie, we love you!

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

Quote from: Tank on May 04, 2012, 07:10:46 AM
Quote from: Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism on May 03, 2012, 11:19:04 PM
An atheist meetup in my area at a British pub called Highlander tonight!! YAY   ;D
Yay!!! Beer and free thinking, a perfect combination for setting the world to rights. And then waking up with a hangover and having to go to work  >:(
More like beer, free thinking, girls kissing, and an incredible set of boobs being flashed for no apparent reason other than to flash them.  Plus my team won in trivia so next thursday we get 38 bux in bar dollars.  So yeah I know where I will be on Thursday.  One thing pissed me off though.  Not one person had a British accent. False advertising I say  >:(
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

Amicale

Quote from: Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism on May 04, 2012, 07:28:55 PM
An atheist meetup in my area at a British pub called Highlander tonight!! YAY   ;D
Yay!!! Beer and free thinking, a perfect combination for setting the world to rights. And then waking up with a hangover and having to go to work  >:(
More like beer, free thinking, girls kissing, and an incredible set of boobs being flashed for no apparent reason other than to flash them.  Plus my team won in trivia so next thursday we get 38 bux in bar dollars.  So yeah I know where I will be on Thursday.  One thing pissed me off though.  Not one person had a British accent. False advertising I say  >:(

Minus the lack of British accent, it sounds like you had an awesome time!  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Quote from: Amicale on May 04, 2012, 07:30:49 PM
Quote from: Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism on May 04, 2012, 07:28:55 PM

Minus the lack of British accent, it sounds like you had an awesome time!  ;D
There were two more things that kind of pissed me off.  All the atheists were nice, but when I left I said bye to an atheist couple and the woman just said yeah fine.  I kind of walked away from the rudeness.  Oh and the boobs didn't come out more than once. Fricking tease.
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

Ali

Sprekenzee doich, eh baby????

(Yes, I know that is horribly mutilated.  I thought it was funnier that way.)

Asmodean

Seine Aschmokeit stimmt mit Ihnen  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

DeterminedJuliet

Я говорю некоторые русские!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Quote from: Asmodean on May 04, 2012, 08:40:48 PM
Seine Aschmokeit stimmt mit Ihnen  >:(
Aschmokeit stimmte mit mir uberine  >:(

Ali

Ooyay eyesgay are-ay illy-say.

Buddy

Ja, jag har en bra tid! Jag talar svenska ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Quote from: Ali on May 04, 2012, 09:07:23 PM
Did you just call my eyes gay?? If any part of me was gay it would have to be the back of my head.  I can never see what that damn thing is up to...

Siz

Quote from: Ali on May 04, 2012, 09:07:23 PM

That's the only one I understood!

Ha ne any honey, hinnie? No, I hannae ony!

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Guardian85

Questo e un conversatione molto strano. Siete tutti pazzi....

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-