Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: MariaEvri on April 30, 2012, 01:14:58 PM
reason to be cheerful:

I gt monday off from work, even though this nausea is killing me

gentle back rub to ease the nausea *keeps out of possible trajectory*
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

I am absolutely in love with this little horse.  ;D Sweet as can be and so handsome. I have a soft spot for black horses.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

DeterminedJuliet

Dear husband made some of his sweet raisin bread and it smells/is so delicious.  Omnomnomnomnomnom.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 30, 2012, 02:53:59 PM
I am absolutely in love with this little horse.  ;D Sweet as can be and so handsome. I have a soft spot for black horses.

You know, we'll take more pictures of cute little horses any time. Just sayin'  ;D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Buddy

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 30, 2012, 03:27:53 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 30, 2012, 02:53:59 PM

You know, we'll take more pictures of cute little horses any time. Just sayin'  ;D

I know, but it is nasty and rainy here. :( He needs a bath and a clip. It is supposed to be nice Friday, so hopefully I will get him cleaned up.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Amicale

I had a few very fun hours working with people (so much fun I'd barely call it work), I saw a friend today for a while, and my cat has been deliriously happy playing with a plastic spring/coil. She is utterly adorable.  :D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Buddy

Quote from: Amicale on April 30, 2012, 07:06:07 PM
I had a few very fun hours working with people (so much fun I'd barely call it work), I saw a friend today for a while, and my cat has been deliriously happy playing with a plastic spring/coil. She is utterly adorable.  :D

My cats love the plastic ring from milk jugs.

Amicale

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 30, 2012, 07:18:55 PM

Aw, cute! Alas, milk does not come in jugs, here. Only milk in bags or cartons.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Amicale on April 30, 2012, 07:42:02 PM

I still can't get used to the milk bags here. Crazy Ontario with your crazy bags-o-milk!  :P

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 30, 2012, 07:45:20 PM

I still can't get used to the milk bags here. Crazy Ontario with your crazy bags-o-milk!  :P
Milk in a bag! Do they look like boobys?  :D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

AnimatedDirt

Funny (to me) story:  While I was in the Air Force, I was stationed in Honduras on a Honduran base with an U.S. Army presence and a smaller AF presence.  JTF Bravo is the name if anyone finds it of interest.

I decided to try the few Honduran-run "fast-food" joints on base a few days in.  I ordered my meal and a coke.  As they handed me my meal, the person asked if I was eating in or taking it with me.  I said I was taking it.  She took the coke (a glass bottle coke) and proceeded to pour it into a sandwich baggie.  One of those old school baggies in which you simply flip the bag inside itself to "close" it.  She put a straw into it and spun the baggie around the straw and handed it to me.  I stood there in utter amazement!  I had never had a coke "to go" in a baggie with a straw in it.

I had to laugh as I walked away.  Their glass bottle recycling is serious business there.  :)

Amicale

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on April 30, 2012, 09:25:34 PM

Funny (to me) story:  While I was in the Air Force, I was stationed in Honduras on a Honduran base with an U.S. Army presence and a smaller AF presence.  JTF Bravo is the name if anyone finds it of interest.

I decided to try the few Honduran-run "fast-food" joints on base a few days in.  I ordered my meal and a coke.  As they handed me my meal, the person asked if I was eating in or taking it with me.  I said I was taking it.  She took the coke (a glass bottle coke) and proceeded to pour it into a sandwich baggie.  One of those old school baggies in which you simply flip the bag inside itself to "close" it.  She put a straw into it and spun the baggie around the straw and handed it to me.  I stood there in utter amazement!  I had never had a coke "to go" in a baggie with a straw in it.

I had to laugh as I walked away.  Their glass bottle recycling is serious business there.  :)

LOL!!  :D

Now the question du jour: did you try to drink the coke out of the baggie?

Generally speaking, if you tell someone over here 'I have coke in a baggie', you'll have police officers asking you some odd questions.   ;D

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on April 30, 2012, 09:03:46 PM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 30, 2012, 07:45:20 PM

Milk in a bag! Do they look like boobys?  :D

No  >:( Boobies I could understand. Their current design is just infuriatingly hard to manage.

I've been here for 8 months now and I still don't like them. >:(

Tank

^^^ How thoroughly utilitarian and boring.

Amicale

DJ, been here my whole life and I don't like the design. I worked in a store for a while that sold these bags, and they'd rip and leak all over the place!

One reason to be cheerful, though: we once locked my boss in the milk cooler and made him moo like a cow until we'd let him out.