News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: The Ali on April 14, 2012, 03:27:08 PM
Ellie and T are so cute together. 

For the first 3.75 years of his life, she seemed to like him well enough, but he was wild and unpredictable enough that she would often keep her distance.  Like, she would come when he called her, and let him pet her, but then she would move on.  Lately though, as he's gotten less "Spastic Toddler" and more "Regular Kid", she has taken more of a shine to him.  Right now he is laying with his head on my legs watching Saturday morning cartoons, and she jumped up next to him and is laying with her head on his tummy.  I wish I could take a picture, but if I get up to get my phone I know I'll disrupt the entire arrangement.  We're all crowded on the love seat like a pile of puppies.  It's pretty lovely.

Nice.

Tank

For the first 3.75 years of his life, she seemed to like him well enough, but he was wild and unpredictable enough that she would often keep her distance.  Like, she would come when he called her, and let him pet her, but then she would move on.  Lately though, as he's gotten less "Spastic Toddler" and more "Regular Kid", she has taken more of a shine to him.  Right now he is laying with his head on my legs watching Saturday morning cartoons, and she jumped up next to him and is laying with her head on his tummy.  I wish I could take a picture, but if I get up to get my phone I know I'll disrupt the entire arrangement.  We're all crowded on the love seat like a pile of puppies.  It's pretty lovely.
Who is your laptop balanced on?  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Rusty has a new radio antenna and some shiney new bodywork. Rusty and The Asmo, they are very pleased with themselves.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Quote from: Tank on April 14, 2012, 04:58:48 PM

Who is your laptop balanced on?  :D

Haha, it was balanced on the arm of the loveseat. 

Asmodean

Won on horse races.  :D At 18:1 odds, no less.  ;D

... ...

Played for a tenner  >:(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on April 15, 2012, 02:46:00 PM

... ...

And no tip to the forum! Shame no you ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Guardian85

Quote from: Asmodean on April 15, 2012, 02:46:00 PM

... ...

Good! Then you can buy whisky for your friends!  ;D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

Quote from: Guardian85 on April 15, 2012, 04:44:09 PM
I wouldn't think much of me if I bought a friend some lousy 180 kroner whiskey.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Guardian85

Quote from: Asmodean on April 15, 2012, 07:56:36 PM
Quote from: Guardian85 on April 15, 2012, 04:44:09 PM
I wouldn't think much of me if I bought a friend some lousy 180 kroner whiskey.
Fair point. A beer, then.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Ali

Little Puppy with Big Paws

Yesterday, my mother in law and I took T shopping for summer clothes.  I also suspected that he needed new shoes since it's been about 6 months since his last new pair, and he's grown like a weed since then.  I measured his feet, and found that he was up a shoe size.

He picked out his own new shoes.  I think they look huge and unwieldy, but he loved them and they didn't seem to slow him down any (I made him sprint down the aisle to show me) so I guess they're okay.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0030J86JK/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0013I5JV8&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1WP02MVJ6TR03KQ9JQZ1

I was looking at his this morning, and it struck me that he looks exactly like a Great Dane puppy (we had Danes when I was growing up) - that is, looooong skinny legs and oversized paws. It made me laugh.  I think he's going to be big and clumsy, just like a Great Dane.

(Sorry, didn't mean to mix up the name of the thread.  Didn't know I could do that!)

Guardian85

Wonder why those particular shoes would appeal to a little one....  ;D

-Unknown Smartass-

Ali

I can't imagine.....dinosaurs, flashing lights....it's almost like they were designed by a 4 year old for 4 year olds.  LOL

En_Route

Quote from: Ali on April 16, 2012, 08:22:48 PM
I can't imagine.....dinosaurs, flashing lights....it's almost like they were designed by a 4 year old for 4 year olds.  LOL

I used to be insanely proud of my biscuit-toed crocodile leather specials;now they seem so dowdy in comparison.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Ali

Quote from: En_Route on April 16, 2012, 11:51:22 PM

I used to be insanely proud of my biscuit-toed crocodile leather specials;now they seem so dowdy in comparison.

We could wrap your feet in battery operated Christmas lights.  That would give them a certain...je ne sais quoi.

Siz

Quote from: En_Route on April 16, 2012, 11:51:22 PM

Maybe these will cheer your feet...

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!