News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jephthah

I moved back to CA after being away for 12 years - and found that my little sisters have grown into great women.

Munchkin Goddess

Reason to be cheerful in a bad situation. My fiance of 5 years broke up with me; however, I found I had more friends than I originally thought when I needed someone to talk to. Also, as soon as I became single, I have found people who have been flirting with me and are interested in me. That has been a big self-esteem booster because I was having self-esteem issues even a year or so before the break up, due to the issues we were having.

Tank

Logging on to HAF in the morning and finding that there is more than one page of replies to read  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Xjeepguy

Walking out of my apartment and looking at the beauty of West Virginia. Smelling the mountain air. A hug from my daughters, or my wife. Fajitas. Dairy queen.

I dont need money to be happy. It's the little things.
If I were re-born 1000 times, it would be as an atheist 1000 times. -Heisenberg

Munchkin Goddess

Quote from: Xjeepguy on August 08, 2011, 05:10:27 PM
Dairy queen.

That makes me cheerful as well. (^_^) It's one of the best parts of summer!

MinusGod

That our highly improbable state of being conscious life of the homosapian speciea permits us to experience cheerfulness in the first place.

xSilverPhinx

Because even after all the real shitstorms I've been through (especially in the last three years, and pardon my language, but there really is no other word to describe some of the people I've encountered other than 'shit') I've *never* forgotten just how lucky I am, and that I've found that I can still keep on going. Bring on the massive shitstorm!

I've looked into the abyss, saw loads of shit, and survived. ;D

8)

Thank you.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

OldGit

I have just been for a three-mile walk with the wife.  I was feeling unusually perky, usually I'm not up to walking anywhere near that far.  Now I'm very tired and hurting, but happy I did it.

MariaEvri

have 10 days off from work. Finally to sit back and relax
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Tank

Feeling quite good at the moment. I have just done the last bit of my degree work and passed it. So, subject to exam board verification, I now have a 1st Class BSc (Hons) Business Computing Solutions (Internet Pathway) :) Now all I need to do is find a way to make money out of it!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sweetdeath

My arms have muscles now. I'm all like "hey there   ;) "
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Munchkin Goddess

Reason to be cheerful, in about a year and a half, I went from 187lbs to 130lbs ^_^

Sweetdeath

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Munchkin Goddess

Quote from: Sweetdeath on August 12, 2011, 08:30:48 PM
^  Hey, congrats!
Thank you, and I didn't change my eating habits. It's more like changing the size of portions I eat. As a result, my stomach shrunk and, while I am no longer fun to go to an all-you-can-eat buffet, I didn't have to change my eating habits, lol. Well, the last 4 to 5 pounds were due to me being sick, lol.

Sweetdeath

I just don't eat after 8pm, and drink water instead of sugary drinks.

I also walk everwhere, but that's mainly cuz public transit is expensive! >__<