News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Brexit

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, June 24, 2016, 05:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

She has three days to come up with a backup plan. It'll be fine...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on January 10, 2019, 06:16:37 AM
She has three days to come up with a backup plan. It'll be fine...

Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity fuck! FUCK!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

And, there's fresh elections to look forward to...

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on January 10, 2019, 06:25:45 AM
And, there's fresh elections to look forward to...

>:(

I hope your toe hurts!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

jumbojak

It's excruciating, but laughter seems to help!

Tank

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Tank

Well Parliament voted on the deal that Teresa May had come to with the EU. If she lost the vote by more than 100 she was dead. The last biggest historical loss was in 1924 and that was 164. She lost by 230! She will go down in history as the PM who presided over the greatest loss in the history of the UK parliament.

Tomorrow there will be a vote of no confidence in the government by parliament. She will loose and that will force a general election. Brexit will be put on hold while that happens. After the election nobody knows what will happen. The UK is now in political limbo.

Note: The Government is formed at the behest of the Queen (a constitutional peculiarity) by the person who can gather a majority of votes from the MPs. Parliament is the voting body of Members of Parliament irrespective of party affiliations.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on January 15, 2019, 08:13:44 PM
Well Parliament voted on the deal that Teresa May had come to with the EU. If she lost the vote by more than 100 she was dead. The last biggest historical loss was in 1924 and that was 164. She lost by 230! She will go down in history as the PM who presided over the greatest loss in the history of the UK parliament.

Tomorrow there will be a vote of no confidence in the government by parliament. She will loose and that will force a general election. Brexit will be put on hold while that happens. After the election nobody knows what will happen. The UK is now in political limbo.

Note: The Government is formed at the behest of the Queen (a constitutional peculiarity) by the person who can gather a majority of votes from the MPs. Parliament is the voting body of Members of Parliament irrespective of party affiliations.

Wow.  :shocked:

Interesting times?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Absolutely unknown territory now. Never seen anything like this in my life before. In fact nobody has. 

Bluenose

I see some similarity to the 1975 constitutional crisis in Australia.  Basically, the Whiltlam Labor government failed to secure supply and, instead of following convention  and calling an election, tried to carry on by securing illegal loans from foreign entities.  The Governor General prorogued parliament triggering a general election and installed the Opposition leader as caretaker Prime Minister in the interim.  Some Labor supporters have never gotten over it.  I imagine some Brexiters will similarly never get over the failure of May to successfully navigate Brexit.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Ecurb Noselrub

The crisis was created by the people. They voted for Brexit.  You reap what you sow.  Just like we are with Trump.

jumbojak

Quote from: Tank on January 15, 2019, 08:24:05 PM
Absolutely unknown territory now. Never seen anything like this in my life before. In fact nobody has.

If it's any consolation, I slipped again and my toe is really killing me today.

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on January 16, 2019, 01:32:54 AM
Quote from: Tank on January 15, 2019, 08:24:05 PM

If it's any consolation, I slipped again and my toe is really killing me today.

Oh dear! That's no consolation at all. Do be careful.