News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Where did you get your username from?

Started by xSilverPhinx, June 19, 2010, 02:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "McQ"
Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"You're not a John Wayne fan then?

I had the nickname before the movie came out, but I do like a few John Wayne movies. Unfortunately, McQ isn't one of them.

Yeah, it was not a great show.  The effort he put forth to stay up-to-date was painfully evident.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

dogsmycopilot

Quote from: "xSilverPhinx"So, what does your username mean?
Around here we have a lot of vehicles with "God is my copilot" as a bumper-sticker. I said one day to the hubby "I don't think god would make a good co-pilot. If I have a co-pilot, it's my dog." We got the computer like a week later and I started using it. It's now to the point you can Google dogsmycopilot and find me. Which is somewhat unfortunate as I recently found out The Bark magazine has "My Dog is My Co-Pilot" as its slogan. I hate I bogarted all the email listings now.

pinkocommie

Quote from: "dogsmycopilot"
Quote from: "xSilverPhinx"So, what does your username mean?
Around here we have a lot of vehicles with "God is my copilot" as a bumper-sticker. I said one day to the hubby "I don't think god would make a good co-pilot. If I have a co-pilot, it's my dog." We got the computer like a week later and I started using it. It's now to the point you can Google dogsmycopilot and find me. Which is somewhat unfortunate as I recently found out The Bark magazine has "My Dog is My Co-Pilot" as its slogan. I hate I bogarted all the email listings now.

I have a bumper sticker on my car of your username.  That sticker is quite popular 'round these parts.  I love living in atheist lan-I mean, Seattle!  =D
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

dogsmycopilot

Quote from: "pinkocommie"I have a bumper sticker on my car of your username.  That sticker is quite popular 'round these parts.  I love living in atheist lan-I mean, Seattle!  =D
I know a number of atheists from that area, it seems a good location to be in. I love the idea of rain all the time. Moving up there has always appealed to me.

British_Atheist

Well mines not really hard I am British and i'm an Atheist.
"I am an atheist, and if an atheist and a pope think the same things, there must be something true. There must be some human truth that is beyond religion".
Oriana Fallaci

Caecilian

I used to catch a lot of frogs when I was a kid. I have a pond with newts in it, and a pet salamander. I've also kept pet treefrogs. I guess I've always just had a thing about amphibians.

Caecilians are a relatively obscure branch of the amphibian lineage. I chose 'Caecilian', rather than say 'Treefrog' or 'Newt' because I was pretty sure that I'd be the only person with that username around. Which has indeed proved to be the case.

The Magic Pudding

I was going to choose Caecilian, but it was already taken.
The Magic Pudding by Norman Lindsay
"It tells of a magic pudding which, no matter how often it is eaten, always reforms in order to be eaten again".
My primary qualification is accounting.
The pudding seems a metaphor for many of the world’s ills to me.

Argie

Mine is because I´m from Argentina...the british always called us by that name, specially during the Malvinas/Falkland Islands War.  I think it sounds kind of cool and also it shortens the long "argentinian" or "argentine"... just as its shorter to say scotts rather than scottish, or aussies instead of australians... the british all also called brits, aren´t they?

rlrose328

RLRose328 = red leather rose and a significant number.

When we were married 3 years, we lived near San Francisco.  We frequented some of the adult shops and leather stores, looking for fun stuff there.  REALLY love the accepting community in SF!  Anyway, by the counter at Stormy Leather one day was a vase of roses made of leather.  They were GORGEOUS!  When I wasn't looking, Joe bought one for me and gave it to me on our 3rd wedding anniversary.  I loved it so much, I made it my online name.  Even had a website with that name... that was 14 years ago!  It resides on my dresser on the perfume tray.  The numbers are appended to make it unique.
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

parrotpirate

Parrot tattoo (among others), piratical attitude, Jimmy Buffett fan. Also, out of the depths of my own warped mind!
The one thing everybody needs to remember is that I never claimed to be sane!

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

februarystars

I'll bite!

Mine is a song on the Foo Fighters' second album. They're my favorite band ever, and I was born in February. Easy peasy.
Mulder: He put the whammy on him.
Scully: Please explain to me the scientific nature of "the whammy."

fester30

When my brother first saw me after I joined the Air Force he said I looked like Uncle Fester because they shaved my head.

Tank

Quote from: "fester30"When my brother first saw me after I joined the Air Force he said I looked like Uncle Fester because they shaved my head.
I did wonder if 'Uncle Fester' had played a part in your user name  :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ulver