Main Menu

New black atheist to the forum

Started by Timor, May 25, 2010, 07:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheWilliam

^^^^^^^

yooooooo , that was nice,

does that dude have an album?

i don't just like what he was talking about but that he was fresh on the mic in general.

PoopShoot

Quote from: "TheWilliam"does that dude have an album?
Three or four, actually.  He also covers a variety of topics in his music.  On top of all that, he has a masters(?) in physics.

http://www.amazon.com/Compton-Effect-Gr ... B000TUDY4K
All hail Cancer Jesus!

The Magic Pudding

Welcome, but can you tell me why you chose that avatar.
If a white guy chose an equivalent avatar, I might view him as a right wing fascist asshole.
I am of another culture, I haven't reached any conclusions and I'm not trying to insult you, but why?

Tank

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"Welcome, but can you tell me why you chose that avatar.
If a white guy chose an equivalent avatar, I might view him as a right wing fascist asshole.
I am of another culture, I haven't reached any conclusions and I'm not trying to insult you, but why?
If I looked that buff I'd use me as an avatar irrespective of the colour of my skin.  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

PoopShoot

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"Welcome, but can you tell me why you chose that avatar.
Assuming you're speaking to William, what's wrong with a picture of (presumably) yourself with no shirt on?
All hail Cancer Jesus!

humblesmurph

Ok Tim and William are one and the same No?  Anyway, hello Tim/William.  I'm black too.  I've had troubles with the not so religious but very judgmental for my lack of belief black females as well.  I'm glad there is another person on the forum that openly shares my plight to a certain degree.  If/when I get more comfortable with you, I'll tell you to put a goddamned shirt on. ;)

ps imo Greydon Square is cool but he gets a little redundant after a while. It's sometimes hard to have a good flow when you always have roughly the same agenda.  

pps Yo Tank, Leslie huh?  Too funny.

Tank

Quote from: "humblesmurph"pps Yo Tank, Leslie huh?  Too funny.

F*** off
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

PoopShoot

Quote from: "humblesmurph"Ok Tim and William are one and the same No?  
No.  Tim has no avatar, though.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

humblesmurph

Thanks Poop.  Sorry for the confusion.  Welcome aboard anyway The William.  Good day to you too Leslie.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "PoopShoot"
Assuming you're speaking to William, what's wrong with a picture of (presumably) yourself with no shirt on?
Because you'd look like a wanker.

PoopShoot

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"
Quote from: "PoopShoot"
Because you'd look like a wanker.
Implying I'm not a wanker.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

TheWilliam

well,

I'm from Washington State and I don't know what a wanker is.

but I do know that between early 2005 and mid 2007, i became a fat man.

......and in August 2007, I stopped eating wrong and started living right, and I love how i look now, and since I live in Florida now it's always hot, so tank top or shirtless is normal.

I still like some junkfood, but instead of just buying a pack of oreos and attacking them, I bake treats every Sunday and share them around.

If there is a fitness section on this forum I'd love to talk about fitness and nutrition, but I don't want to go clogging regular threads with that stuff.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "TheWilliam"well,

......and in August 2007, I stopped eating wrong and started living right, and I love how i look now, and since I live in Florida now it's always hot, so tank top or shirtless is normal.

I still like some junkfood, but instead of just buying a pack of oreos and attacking them, I bake treats every Sunday and share them around.

If there is a fitness section on this forum I'd love to talk about fitness and nutrition, but I don't want to go clogging regular threads with that stuff.
OK I kind of get it, if someone spent a lot of time working on a car and they were proud of it, they might stick it up there as their avatar.
Your hobby is working on you and your proud of the result hence the avatar.
In Australia I think people are more modest, though less so now than they used to be.
The culture frowns on people who self promote, or boast about themselves.
This can go too far, there is something we called the tall popy syndrome.
This is where the public lop people down to size if they become successful and too full of themselves.
Anyway sorry for questioning your avatar, it was impolite and you've replied politely.

humblesmurph

Quote from: "TheWilliam"well,

The laid back lounge is a good place for that.  Start a thread.  I'd be interested to know of some of the tactics you used to get from fat to fit.

Will

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"If a white guy chose an equivalent avatar, I might view him as a right wing fascist asshole.
A shirtless bald white guy does not necessarily mean right-wing or neo-Nazi.

Think of Picard in 'Chain of Command'. THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.