News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

ME

Started by Mistermischief, September 17, 2010, 02:49:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mistermischief

Quote from: "pinkocommie"Welcome!  Don't listen to the grumps who tell you what this place is or isn't.  I think we could do with someone who is here to laugh.  I miss the twiz, a person who used to post funny stuff a lot, for that very reason.  I hope you like it here and decide to stay.  :D

Then perhaps YOU could help me...I wanted to post a couple of pictures of human stupidity, but I couldn't  figure out how.  I found the "insert image" function, but then what do you do?  I cannot find a HELP function on this website, or a way to email the administrators.  So, can you tell me how to insert a picture?"

Tank

Quote from: "Mistermischief"
Quote from: "Tank"Maybe I should qualify what I said earlier. There is plenty of humour here, it's just that it's not the be all and end all of the forum, which it can be at some places  :D

Funny isn't the be all and end all of this forum for me either...I just like a good laugh among other things.  But, as I said, I ALSO like intelligent discussion (even about intelligent design...if that's not a contradiction).
Good. I'm glad it was worth getting a ticking off by the thought police for suggesting there might be other forums out there with a different flavour and a different ethos that, heaven forbid, may compliment this place.

Whatever else this place is like* it is very good, and in my experience unique, in it's ability to accommodate intelligent discussion between people of all world views, and that, in my opinion, is it's greatest strength. One can have a laugh on any forum I have visited, however having reasoned and reasonable discussion is very difficult indeed.

*This is my personal opinion and only my opinion and may or may not reflect the views of the management.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: "pinkocommie"Welcome!  Don't listen to the grumps who tell you what this place is or isn't.  I think we could do with someone who is here to laugh.  I miss the twiz, a person who used to post funny stuff a lot, for that very reason.  I hope you like it here and decide to stay.  :D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Mistermischief"Then perhaps YOU could help me...I wanted to post a couple of pictures of human stupidity, but I couldn't  figure out how.  I found the "insert image" function, but then what do you do?  I cannot find a HELP function on this website, or a way to email the administrators.  So, can you tell me how to insert a picture?"

http://imgur.com/?noFlash#
This site allows you to upload an image, then you can copy the image url and insert between the Img ( ) tags.
This site doesn't require you create an account.
Linking directly to a pic' on another page may not work, and may be frowned upon be the site owner.

pinkocommie

Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

deekayfry

Quote from: "Tank"Hi

This isn't a forum based on lulz and fun. You'd probably be better off at rationalia.com where serious conversation is as rare as rocking horse droppings. However, this place is good for some considered conversation and some subtle/dry humour.

Welcome aboard.

Regards
Chris

Useful links for new members
Mission Statement Why this place is here.
Forum Rules More of a set of guidelines really, upset Whitney (She who must be obeyed) and you'll find the exit door very quickly!
How to discuss efficiently and effectively Before entering  into a serious discussion I implore you to read the first post of this thread.
How do I use the quote feature? If you are new to forums this is an important feature to understand. The maximum number of nested quotes is 3.
Help desk. Any problems this is where to ask them.
What's on your mind today? The general chit chat thread.
Somewhere to discuss the fear of dying. Many ex-theists have to come to terms with death, this is a place to discuss this issue.
How to tell your family you are an atheist. Some suggestions about how to deal with this thorny issue.
Parenting Beyond Belief. The forum for discussing how to raise your children 'Faith Free'.
Just a little advice for new Atheists Some thoughts for those new to reality.

Gosh, Tank, you make it sound like this place is a funeral home!

:P
I told the people of my district that I would serve them as faithfully as I had done; but if not ... you may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.-  Davey Crockett, 1834

Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.- Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "deekayfry"

This isn't a forum based on lulz and fun. You'd probably be better off at rationalia.com where serious conversation is as rare as rocking horse droppings. However, this place is good for some considered conversation and some subtle/dry humour.

Welcome aboard.

Regards
Chris

Forum Rules More of a set of guidelines really, upset Whitney (She who must be obeyed) and you'll find the exit door very quickly!
How to discuss efficiently and effectively Before entering  into a serious discussion I implore you to read the first post of this thread.
How do I use the quote feature? If you are new to forums this is an important feature to understand. The maximum number of nested quotes is 3.
Somewhere to discuss the fear of dying. Many ex-theists have to come to terms with death, this is a place to discuss this issue.
How to tell your family you are an atheist. Some suggestions about how to deal with this thorny issue.
Parenting Beyond Belief. The forum for discussing how to raise your children 'Faith Free'.

No razzing or tongue poking to be directed toward the rules.
If you must use an emoticon it should be this one -  :hail:

Tank

Welcome aboard.

Regards
Chris

Better?

:D
Mission Statement Why this place is here.  :hmm:
Help desk. Any problems this is where to ask them. :sigh:  :rant:  
Go Awwwwww!! you lose  :eek:
Ten things about yourself A little bit about some of us, add if you like

karadan

Haha, yes Tank, that is much better.  lol
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

deekayfry

Quote from: "Tank"

Welcome aboard.

Regards
Chris

Better?

:D
Mission Statement Why this place is here.  :hmm:
Help desk. Any problems this is where to ask them. :sigh:  :rant:  
Go Awwwwww!! you lose  :eek:
Ten things about yourself A little bit about some of us, add if you like

lol
I told the people of my district that I would serve them as faithfully as I had done; but if not ... you may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.-  Davey Crockett, 1834

Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.- Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Mistermischief

Thank you all for such a warm welcome, with the pages upon pages of links to rules and admonishments not to look for humour here.   :| I assure you humour isn't the only thing I am looking for.  At my age there is one thing I can still hold ... a sound and serious conversation.

I do appreciate the help regarding uploading and other things.  Thank you.