News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

New black atheist to the forum

Started by Timor, May 25, 2010, 07:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timor

Hello everyone.  My name is Tim and I have always been an atheist as far back as I can remember.  I have always had people tell me that I was smart but never
really believed that growing up. However, I was always self aware and understood things as they happened around me.  I can  even recall things when I was very young.  
Most of my worst life challenges and experiences have been with people who were religious and it seemed once they found out you had no religion you were really a
target to them.  I have always seen people who stated they were of a certain religion as out to do harm to others.  It is seen around the world what belief has done to people.
It's really something to see how they have turned American upside down since this country was founded.  

I have always been alone in this world.  I learned that if you do not go with masses you will be alone at just about everything you do. But, I am glad I can see things clearly.
Knowing that I can not have a girlfriend because I don't believe in a certain religion is something. When most of the relationships I have had most of the young ladies did lots of bad things, but I found that my sin of not believing in anything was far worse. When you are chosen over guys who sell drugs and have no education that make you wonder, "Wow maybe there is something wrong with me".  

I really realize that I am fine.  I am a Human being.  A person who uses common sense to make sense of simple life.

pinkocommie

Welcome to the forum!  I think reaching out to like minded people is a good first step to not feeling alone.  I hope you like it here.  :)
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Davin

Welcome to the forums. I hope you'll find that the people here very cool.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

elliebean

[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

Whitney

welcome to haf.  A black friend of mine just returned from a black atheist convention.  I think it is a yearly event and if you think it might be something you'd enjoy you can probably find more info if you google a bit.

McQ

Welcome, Tim, fellow human being. Yep, you're fine. Thanks for the introduction. Hope you have fun here.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

KDbeads

Hi!  :D
Welcome to not being completely alone any more.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

Kylyssa

Welcome!  

No, there's nothing wrong with you, you are just surrounded by people who have been indoctrinated to see anyone different from them as a threat.  

Don't give up on finding a girlfriend you can get along with.  I've found that I can find like-minded people online via OKCupid, even just looking for friends.  I was surprised to find how many atheists and agnostics there are in my red spot in a blue state city.  You can search for a partner or even just friends by setting the search to look specifically for atheists.

skwurll

Welcome, I'm sure you'll love it here.
I too know discrimination at the hands of religious people.

Which is why I tend not to expose my atheism to people anymore.

zookie

Welcome, Tim!

I think you will enjoy this forum. People here are up for great discussions and are very open-minded and 'Friendly' (as the name suggests!). They even deal politely with the trolls...! :bananacolor:
And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence. Bertrand Russell

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione. (I am not interested in your dopey superstitions)

Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant! (May faulty logic

Sophus

‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Albino_Raptor

Welcome to the show, here, have a milk shake of your choice.  roflol
And GOD created the earth, covered with water by 70%, for man, who has no gills.

Cecilie

The world's what you create.

Timor

Thank you all for your greetings

Tank

Hi Tim

Glad you found you're way here!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.