News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Sandra Craft

It finally turned into Summer here -- 105 at the beach on Friday and going down since but not nearly fast enough.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dave

It just started to rain!

Whoopee - I think.

Well, the gardens need it . . .

xSilverPhinx

It's a bit cold but the sun's out, so it's a pleasant winter day. :)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Pleasant walk round town in nice hazy sun with a gentle breeze - no sweat.

Harmonie

It is hot as hell, as per usual. We've been having random thunderstorms for days now, but it looks like that won't be happening today.

Anyway for some VERY late responses!

Quote from: Velma on June 24, 2018, 12:23:17 AM
Quote from: Harmonie on June 24, 2018, 12:04:01 AM
Quote from: Harmonie on June 23, 2018, 07:12:14 PM
It's not as horrendous as it could be. Believe it or not, here on the second day of summer it is currently sitting at 79 degrees at 1PM.

I take back everything I said. I decided that since the weather was a slight bit less miserable than it would be any other day of the week I should walk to the store. Bad idea. It turns out that the temperature rose up to 87 degrees. I also should have worn lighter colored clothes, you'd think I'd learn after last time, but I do like my dark colored clothes too much. lol
Make sure you have your phone with you so that you can call for help if you feel like you are about to collapse from heat stroke!

Thanks for the concern. I always have my phone with me.

Quote from: Bluenose on June 24, 2018, 06:01:54 AM
It's not as horrendous as it could be. Believe it or not, here on the second day of summer it is currently sitting at 79 degrees at 1PM.

I take back everything I said. I decided that since the weather was a slight bit less miserable than it would be any other day of the week I should walk to the store. Bad idea. It turns out that the temperature rose up to 87 degrees. I also should have worn lighter colored clothes, you'd think I'd learn after last time, but I do like my dark colored clothes too much. lol

You'd fit in well in Melbourne, then!  It's practically compulsory here to were dark, preferably black clothing!  We're a stylish lot...   ;)

Melbourne... Australia? Nah, Australia would be too hot for me!

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Essie Mae

Quote from: Harmonie on July 13, 2018, 08:12:17 PM
It is hot as hell, as per usual. We've been having random thunderstorms for days now, but it looks like that won't be happening today.

Anyway for some VERY late responses!

Quote from: Velma on June 24, 2018, 12:23:17 AM

Make sure you have your phone with you so that you can call for help if you feel like you are about to collapse from heat stroke!

Thanks for the concern. I always have my phone with me.

Quote from: Bluenose on June 24, 2018, 06:01:54 AM

You'd fit in well in Melbourne, then!  It's practically compulsory here to were dark, preferably black clothing!  We're a stylish lot...   ;)

Melbourne... Australia? Nah, Australia would be too hot for me!
Not at the moment it wouldn't. Admittedly I'm in Perth, but for the last 10 days it's been bloody cold, while Mr M is frying in the UK heatwave which will no doubt end in about 10 days when I get home.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

jumbojak

Cooler and very wet here. I was planning on taking a walk through the swamp with my camera today but that might not be a wise course of action.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Still boiling in UK. I'm fortunate in that I don't have a water meter and there is no hose pipe ban (yet due Aug 5th). My gardens are in good shape. I have put over 12,000kg of water on them over the last 6 weeks.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Hottest day of the year so far, hit 33 somewhere.

It's 30+ in my room at the moment, venetian blind down. It's only the ceiling fan that it stopping me looking for the waterproof tablet bag and sitting under a cool shower!

But the laundered towels I hung in the bathroom at 0930 were dry by 1230!

hermes2015

Oh joy! It's a bit warmer this evening: 14° at the moment and a low of 4° is predicted.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Harmonie

Quote from: Essie Mae on July 22, 2018, 02:53:35 PM
Not at the moment it wouldn't. Admittedly I'm in Perth, but for the last 10 days it's been bloody cold, while Mr M is frying in the UK heatwave which will no doubt end in about 10 days when I get home.

I just looked up what the temperatures have been in Perth in the last ten days, and... That's not cold, at all. Lol. Well, I'm not meaning to tell you how you feel in temperatures, but for me, that is so far from cold! The problem is with temperatures that warm all throughout winter, every other season must be downright miserable.

I already experience some of that where I live, but at least where I live there is the capacity for cold days. In Perth its just mild the whole winter through, it looks like.

I need to live somewhere like New England where four seasons are more likely to occur. Of course, this year early Spring really got snubbed up there, but down here I'm sick and tired of Summer dominating as I hate pretty much everything about the summer - the bugs, the heat, the humidity, the severe thunderstorms and tornadoes, etc., etc.

I know I'm crazy and don't know what I'm getting myself into going up there, but I want to live! And with summer taking over all four seasons where I live, I'm not very happy.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

xSilverPhinx

It will rain at noon-ish, they said. It's past 5 p.m. and still no rain.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 23, 2018, 09:17:03 PM
It will rain at noon-ish, they said. It's past 5 p.m. and still no rain.

We got the rain instead. All. Frigging. Day. I'm sick of rain.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Most of the UK is going through it longest heatwave since 1976.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.