News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Harmonie

It's been hot and humid hell around here. I had to walk to the store yesterday and I felt like I was going to die. I hate the heat sooo much!

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

xSilverPhinx

Today it was foggy. Beautiful day.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bluenose

Yesterday at 6 am (Australian Eastern Standard Time - GMT +10) it was 3°C and according to the local news broadcast was at that very moment the coldest city in the world.  I have my doubts about that claim, but I suspect it was just the coldest on some list of cities they were using, but nevertheless it was chilly and there was a reasonable fog/mist around the place.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

Argh, it's going to rain this afternoon.

Bad Penny II

What's the problem, were you planning to be outside?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 23, 2018, 02:48:09 PM

I dunno, don't like sun, don't like rain. 'Spose you are just fussy and like it dry and coolish?   :eyeroll:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on June 23, 2018, 03:08:00 PM
What's the problem, were you planning to be outside?

Yes, but there's another problem...my internet service provider is so bad that when it rains, internet fails. Therefore, when it's raining I feel like I've been suddenly ejected into the distant past.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on June 23, 2018, 03:09:51 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 23, 2018, 02:48:09 PM

I dunno, don't like sun, don't like rain. 'Spose you are just fussy and like it dry and coolish?   :eyeroll:

Not too dry (where I'm from, central-western Brazil, it gets very dry) but not too humid either. I don't mind the sun when it isn't too hot, and I don't mind the rain when it isn't falling on me.  ;D

I guess I am fussy. :P

Harmonie

It's not as horrendous as it could be. Believe it or not, here on the second day of summer it is currently sitting at 79 degrees at 1PM.

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Velma

Mid to high 90's is typical for this time of year in this area. However, today's high is supposed to be 82 F. For the St. Louis area in late June that can almost be classified as a miracle.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

jumbojak

Just over 100° F here. Hot but breezy.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Harmonie

Quote from: Harmonie on June 23, 2018, 07:12:14 PM
It's not as horrendous as it could be. Believe it or not, here on the second day of summer it is currently sitting at 79 degrees at 1PM.

I take back everything I said. I decided that since the weather was a slight bit less miserable than it would be any other day of the week I should walk to the store. Bad idea. It turns out that the temperature rose up to 87 degrees. I also should have worn lighter colored clothes, you'd think I'd learn after last time, but I do like my dark colored clothes too much. lol

Velma

Quote from: Harmonie on June 24, 2018, 12:04:01 AM

I take back everything I said. I decided that since the weather was a slight bit less miserable than it would be any other day of the week I should walk to the store. Bad idea. It turns out that the temperature rose up to 87 degrees. I also should have worn lighter colored clothes, you'd think I'd learn after last time, but I do like my dark colored clothes too much. lol
Make sure you have your phone with you so that you can call for help if you feel like you are about to collapse from heat stroke!
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Bluenose

Quote from: Harmonie on June 24, 2018, 12:04:01 AM

You'd fit in well in Melbourne, then!  It's practically compulsory here to were dark, preferably black clothing!  We're a stylish lot...   ;)
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett