News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Male make-up. Yes or No?

Started by Tank, April 23, 2019, 11:12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Just a little discussion topic :D

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

Buddy

lol at the picture. I think men should be able to wear makeup if they want.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

hermes2015

Quote from: Buddy on April 23, 2019, 05:09:00 PM

Yes, I agree. It depends on how well they apply it. Some know how to do it and what works for them and they can look great. Others don't. It's exactly the same for women.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

No one

Whatever floats your boat, just don't dock it in my harbor.

Buddy

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 23, 2019, 05:29:56 PM
Quote from: Buddy on April 23, 2019, 05:09:00 PM

Yes, I agree. It depends on how well they apply it. Some know how to do it and what works for them and they can look great. Others don't. It's exactly the same for women.

Yeah makeup is a weird thing to be gendered. It's colored pigments for your face. If a guy wants to cover a spot or wear eyeliner then he should do it.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

viocjit

I believe people have the right to do what they want if they don't violate liberty of others.

Something can be socially rejected even if this is legal and don't violate liberty of others. In this kind of situations society must evolve.
Things that are socially rejected and legal depend of countries.
For example in the bible belt of USA transgender people are socially rejected even if being a transgender is legal.

Something can be socially rejected and illegal even if it don't violate liberty of others. In this kind of situation society and laws must evolve.
Things that are socially rejected and illegal depend of countries.
For example male homosexuality is socially rejected and illegal in the majority of Muslim countries.

Something can be non socially rejected and illegal even if it don't violate liberty of others. In this kind of situation laws must evolve.
Things that are non socially rejected and illegal depend of countries.
I don't know any example of this situation.

Something can be non socially rejected and legal.
Things that are non socially rejected and legal depend of countries.
In the majority of place in the world you can work hard if you want to and nobody will notice it.

xSilverPhinx

LOL at the picture! :lol:

As for male make-up, why not?

Quote from: viocjit on April 23, 2019, 07:57:07 PM
I believe people have the right to do what they want if they don't violate liberty of others.

:this: 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

Are we talking about drag queens here?

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on April 24, 2019, 01:09:44 AM

No, I wasn't. I see more and more young, straight boys using some kind of make-up, especially on the eyes, plucking their eyebrows, and using lip gloss.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on April 24, 2019, 01:09:44 AM
No. More day-to-day use, rather than theatrical use.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Male ceremonial makeup in the Wodaabe tribe is quite stunning.

Ecurb Noselrub

I use my wife's makeup to cover up little skin lesions (from the sun and being 66).  Other than that, I'm my natural ugly.

Icarus

There is just no accounting for fashion.  I am flummoxed by the almost obligatory (according to the current gods of fashion) use of brown shoes with dark business suits.  Go back just a few years and that would have been an unforgivable breach of acceptable business or even casual social dress.  That would be a fashion offense appropriate to backwoods hillbillies.  Not now.

And Girls...really....are you comfortable with all that facial stubble that seems to be the current fashion demand for men? .  When I ask about comfortable, I am referring to physical contact situations.  (Sigh)  I am just out of the fashion loop and I do not understand why some New York fashion guru can or should dictate what I should wear or whether I need tattoos on my face. ass, ankle, or ear. Not to mention piercings.  :foottap:

My wife, Elaine, is an E-bay power seller of cosmetics and candles.  Her customer base includes a significant proportion of men.........or at least the customers have a masculine names.  So pander to the buyer....whatever floats their boat.

Harmonie

Hey, why not? Pretty sure make-up won't make a man melt or anything. Lol. It's just another silly gendered thing for no reason.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony