News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

I've just realised...

Started by xSilverPhinx, April 19, 2019, 03:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

...it's Easter this weekend. :deadpan: No wonder the whole city seems to smell like fish all of a sudden.

So, plenty of chocolate going around? :popcorn:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

I keep forgetting about Easter. My family hasn't celebrated in years
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Buddy on April 19, 2019, 03:11:09 PM
I keep forgetting about Easter. My family hasn't celebrated in years

Me too. It's just such a forgettable holiday, and then all of a sudden bam! It's Easter.

I'm not complaining though. I like holidays. :grin:

Dark Lightning

Yeah, I saw something at another website a couple of days ago about today being good Friday a couple of days ago, and it reminded me to pop that leg of lamb out of the freezer so that it thaws in time to go on the spit for roasting on Sunday. :hungry:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 20, 2019, 04:22:12 AM
Yeah, I saw something at another website a couple of days ago about today being good Friday a couple of days ago, and it reminded me to pop that leg of lamb out of the freezer so that it thaws in time to go on the spit for roasting on Sunday. :hungry:

Well, Good Friday was useful for something! :lol:

Bluenose

Just got back from a family dinner at my parent's house, about 80 Km (50 miles) away.  I cooked two butterflied legs of lamb on the barbecue, marinated with crushed garlic, fresh rosemary, lemon zest and juice and olive oil.  Accompanied by rosemary baked potatoes and baked carrots, Kumara (orange and purple skinned white) and steamed asparagus.  For desert we had mum's leftover (she makes an extra) christmas pudding with custard and cream.  Delicious!  We usually gather together for this each year, it's not a religious thing - most of us are atheists anyway - just an opportunity/excuse to have a slap up meal with each other and a good chin wag!
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Bluenose on April 21, 2019, 11:20:35 AMWe usually gather together for this each year, it's not a religious thing - most of us are atheists anyway - just an opportunity/excuse to have a slap up meal with each other and a good chin wag!

Ye sometimes a christian will be like, "you don't believe so why are you having a holiday"

Well because it's prescribed under Public Holidays Act 2010 obviously.
What are we unbelievers supposed to do, sit in a corner eating gruel?
Working weeks are long, public holidays too few and to be savoured.
Those fuckers still have naming rights on holidays but do I complain?
No, never, it's not in your nature, you just don't, never.
That's right I don't complain, let holidays have archaic fantasy names.
Thing I'd like to know is how they can go out on Wednesdays & Thursdays?
I'm not sure it's safe for them to go out any day.
Zactly.

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on April 21, 2019, 12:08:04 PM
Quote from: Bluenose on April 21, 2019, 11:20:35 AMWe usually gather together for this each year, it's not a religious thing - most of us are atheists anyway - just an opportunity/excuse to have a slap up meal with each other and a good chin wag!

Ye sometimes a christian will be like, "you don't believe so why are you having a holiday"

Well because it's prescribed under Public Holidays Act 2010 obviously.
What are we unbelievers supposed to do, sit in a corner eating gruel?
Working weeks are long, public holidays too few and to be savoured.
Those fuckers still have naming rights on holidays but do I complain?
No, never, it's not in your nature, you just don't, never.
That's right I don't complain, let holidays have archaic fantasy names.
Thing I'd like to know is how they can go out on Wednesdays & Thursdays?
I'm not sure it's safe for them to go out any day.
Zactly.

I say we change the name of 'Good Friday' to 'Thank God It's Friday'.  ;D Gives the weekday the extra oomph it deserves and there's 'God' in the name, so the zealots would also be happy.

Harmonie

Bah humbug. Easter is a celebration of Spring, and I hate Spring.

Today has just been another day.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Harmonie on April 22, 2019, 01:00:21 AM
Bah humbug. Easter is a celebration of Spring, and I hate Spring.

Today has just been another day.

Yeah, just a normal Sunday for me too (I heartily dislike Sundays in general). Friday was good though, Friday's always good. :grin: