News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 19, 2017, 01:09:25 AM
It's fricken' cold. When I left home this morning it was 6 degrees (Celsius).

Same here. I see that it is still 5° out there and it is almost 08:00.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Last week it plummeted to 6 degrees, today it soared to 31 degrees. There must be some cosmic conspiracy to get us sick.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 24, 2017, 10:41:06 PM
Last week it plummeted to 6 degrees, today it soared to 31 degrees. There must be some cosmic conspiracy to get us sick.

Goddamnit Zeus!
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

jumbojak

It's supposed to be a fair bit cooler this week. Still oppressively hot but not dangerously so.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tom62

Rain, rain, thunder storms, hail and more rain  >:(.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

xSilverPhinx

There's a word for the weather right now: crazy.

Yesterday it was around 36 degrees Celsius, now it's cold again. Seems like there is a cosmic conspiracy to make us sick with these alternating temperatures.

Harmonie

It's hot. It has been hitting the 90s a lot recently, and will again today. *sigh* I really, really hope this cuts out quickly and we actually get a good fall unlike last year, but I don't see that happening. The summer-like autumn and warm winters just seem to be getting worse every year.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Arturo

Quote from: Harmonie on September 23, 2017, 05:05:37 PM
It's hot. It has been hitting the 90s a lot recently, and will again today. *sigh* I really, really hope this cuts out quickly and we actually get a good fall unlike last year, but I don't see that happening. The summer-like autumn and warm winters just seem to be getting worse every year.

Infinite Spring!
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Harmonie

Quote from: Arturo on September 23, 2017, 05:34:45 PM
Quote from: Harmonie on September 23, 2017, 05:05:37 PM

Infinite Spring!

I despise Spring with every fiber of my being. Please no.

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

jumbojak

It's actually very nice put today. Suppose I'll work on the lawnmower in a bit.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Harmonie

Autumn blew in today. Cloudy, windy, and highs in the low 50s! I love it soooo much!

Sadly, it's only short-lived. It'll be back near 90 by the end of the week.  :doh:

Sandra Craft

It was hot, then it was cold, and then it did it all over again.  Now I'm sitting, watching old horror movies on TCM and wondering whether I should close the windows or not.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

It's raining like hell, just because it's a holiday tomorrow, I think.  ::)

Last night I was awakened by the car alarm going off because of hail.

xSilverPhinx

It's still raining. I'm guessing SisterAgatha must have been praying for 40 days and 40 nights of nonstop torrential thunderstorms.

xSilverPhinx

And it's still raining.  :fingertap:

How on Earth Ocean and I'm supposed to do anything outdoors this weekend?!