News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Fundies Say The Darndest Things!

Started by McQ, July 12, 2006, 02:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McQ

Found this on Ionian Spirit message board. Great website of quotes from various Christian Fundamentalists:

http://www.fstdt.com/

FROM ONE OF THE PAGES:

"The Bible says that God SAID and then there was. If you look at DNA is it made up of letters. Words are also made up of letters. So DNA shows us how the word becomes flesh. How letters take on a physical appearance and become a part of the physical world. [...]

And God said
The words become letters
The letters become DNA
The DNA becomes life.
and it was so.

Oh, they tried using numbers, but it did not work.
They had to assign letter to the different chemical that make up life."

JohnR7, Christian Forums [Comments (35)] [2006-Jun-23]
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

MommaSquid

What is this "Ionian Spirit board" you speak of?

McQ

Quote from: "MommaSquid"What is this "Ionian Spirit board" you speak of?

It is a forum, in many ways like this one, run by a minister-turned-atheist.

http://www.ionianspirit.net/

He's a good guy and runs a nice forum. That's how I found this forum; laetusatheos visited there and mentioned this forum, so I bopped on over.
The forum is actually linked to the website of the forum's founder. That is:

http://www.ministerturnsatheist.org/
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Big Mac

Uh, they literally think DNA is actually floating around with letters marked on them? Jesus they're retarded. WEll I guess it's no different than my cat having "PUSSY" put in big letters on her forehead, right? I need a drink.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Jassman

I spent 40 minutes reading those one day a few weeks ago and I think my IQ dropped 10 points...
[size=75]"You ever notice how people who believe in creationism look really unevolved?" -Bill Hicks[/size]

[size=75]I'm drowning in the fear of gods. The more I see the less I want. I was not raised

Court

40 minutes? Yeah, that'll do it to you.... :D
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

iplaw

Here is a funny christian knock off of this site.  Kind of a takeoff on the you might be a redneck if...

You might be a fundie atheist if...

Asmodean Prime

Yes, McQ, it is also common knowledge in scientific circles that 'information' cannot be created out of nothing.  It has to be 'passed on'.

I know you are a capable fellow.

Whitney

lol....I like this one "You can make the existence of pink unicorns the center-piece of a philosophical critique."

iplaw

Some of his stuff is stupid like the crap about Origins, but some like that are actually funny.

Whitney

Quote from: "iplaw"Some of his stuff is stupid like the crap about Origins, but some like that are actually funny.

Ya...some of it had me thinking "pot calling kettle black."

iplaw

You'll find that we often borrow each others illogic to a great degree on both sides.

Court

You can make the existence of pink unicorns the center-piece of a philosophical critique

That one makes me think they miss the point of the satire...Of course the IPU is ridiculous. It's pointing out how ridiculous the idea of god is. That was the only one that kind of irritated me.
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

iplaw

No it's funny from the sense that an atheist brings abstract arguments to something as formal and pedantic as a philosophical debate.

Aullios

Quote from: "iplaw"No it's funny from the sense that an atheist brings abstract arguments to something as formal and pedantic as a philosophical debate.

Kinda like the existance of a deity based on hearsay and a questionably accurate book?