News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

hi there, i'm an atheist mom =)

Started by caitxrawks, January 22, 2010, 04:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caitxrawks

I stumbled upon this website after googling "atheist" LOL. My name is Caitlin, I'm 21 years old. I'm married, and I have a  13 month old daughter named Jossalyn. I live in North Carolina, which ya'll know is the heart of the Bible Belt. (uck.) And...yeah. That's about it!
[size=85]One pair of working hands can accomplish more than one thousand hands clasped in prayer.[/size]

LoneMateria

Quote from: "caitxrawks"I stumbled upon this website after googling "atheist" LOL. My name is Caitlin, I'm 21 years old. I'm married, and I have a  13 month old daughter named Jossalyn. I live in North Carolina, which ya'll know is the heart of the Bible Belt. (uck.) And...yeah. That's about it!
:welcome:  Google is a awesome way of finding HAF.  Thats how I came across it.  The bible belt is great isn't it :P I live in the Panhandle of Florida about 10 min from Alabama... I can relate to bible belt stories >.<

How did you discover you were an atheist?
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

caitxrawks

I dunno really, haha. I was raised Pentecostal Christian and I started "questioning" around age 16 or so. My husband has been agnostic since he was a teenager (he's 24 now) so I suppose he was part of the driving force. He didn't convince me of anything, really, but there's always been a comfortable lack of religion in our home and relationship. I'm on a mom site called CafeMom, and I participated in a ton of religion discussions while I was pregnant. I slowly realized that I just wasn't buying the religion stuff anymore. It was scary as crap when I realized that I might be an agnostic atheist. I've come to terms with it though, and now I don't see it as a bad thing at all. I'm actually proud to be nonreligious!  :D
[size=85]One pair of working hands can accomplish more than one thousand hands clasped in prayer.[/size]

curiosityandthecat

Welcome!

I also came here by way of the all mighty Google supporter, truly.)
-Curio

pinkocommie

Quote from: "caitxrawks"I dunno really, haha. I was raised Pentecostal Christian and I started "questioning" around age 16 or so. My husband has been agnostic since he was a teenager (he's 24 now) so I suppose he was part of the driving force. He didn't convince me of anything, really, but there's always been a comfortable lack of religion in our home and relationship. I'm on a mom site called CafeMom, and I participated in a ton of religion discussions while I was pregnant. I slowly realized that I just wasn't buying the religion stuff anymore. It was scary as crap when I realized that I might be an agnostic atheist. I've come to terms with it though, and now I don't see it as a bad thing at all. I'm actually proud to be nonreligious!  :hi:
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

esterlove

Hi I am glad I found this forum. I have just turn to athesim after feeling fed up with religions and god. Anyway, I am a mother of 3 children; ages 8,5 and 2. My husband is agnostic. He believes in Higher power. I like to enlight him on the negative stereotype of Atheist. He believes that atheists are not happy people, angry and intolerance. On contratry, I see that characteristic in religious people. Religious people are exteremly judgemental.

Glad to meet you,
 :) Esterlove, Singapore

karadan

Welcome to the forum of awesomeness Esterlove! May your stay here be warm and fuzzy.

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"Welcome!

I also came here by way of the all mighty Google supporter, truly.)

Heck yes! Almost everything i do on the web has google behind it somewhere or another. I discovered Google reader last year and haven't looked back! May i join you in my unrestrained and decidedly non-evil love for google?
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

G-Roll

Quote from: "Moslem"
Allah (that mean God)