News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Add yourself to the Happy Atheist Map

Started by Whitney, August 14, 2006, 08:31:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brieze

The youth groups that travel here to pray at its feet is astounding. But yes lol, very unnatural looking pose. I think the carver was going for a cross shape. *shrugs*

I've actually never been to Hot Springs. Are there actual springs of hot water?

Ali

Yes, they have those old bath houses too.

Amicale

Quote from: Tank on January 20, 2012, 08:50:09 AM
Quote from: Amicale on January 20, 2012, 07:42:42 AM
I added myself - Toronto, Ontario, Canada. :)

I don't live right in the city of Toronto, but since most people here at HAF will have heard of it and they certainly wouldn't have heard of my area (which is close enough)... I'm calling it good!
My wife has cousins in Toronto!

Hey, very cool! :) It's an awesome city, I love it.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

MorneDJ

OK, just added myself to the map ..

South Africa, Pretoria
I am a right-wing, conservative, agnostic scientist who thinks that the spotted owl taste like chicken ...

Tank

Quote from: MorneDJ on March 15, 2012, 06:22:54 AM
OK, just added myself to the map ..

South Africa, Pretoria
I live in the UK, but I've worked in Cape Town for a few months. SA is an interesting and beautiful country from what I've seen of it.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

MorneDJ

Yes, it is. It is a pity that us South Africans do not realize it. Most stick to the main centers and never see the off-beat parts of the country. I get to visit these areas due to my work, and there are still undiscovered (by the main stream holiday goer) gems in South Africa (and our direct neighbors).
I am a right-wing, conservative, agnostic scientist who thinks that the spotted owl taste like chicken ...

Firebird

Trying to add myself and seem to succeed, but it's always gone when I go back. What am I doing wrong?
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Piratenerforsej

Amicale

Quote from: Piratenerforsej on March 26, 2012, 09:31:55 AM
Just did :)
Copenhagen, Denmark :D

I just looked up pictures of Copenhagen. Oh my god, you live in a gorgeous city! You're so lucky! Incredible river, old buildings, and MAN is that sky village so awesome looking! Can I visit?  :D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Piratenerforsej

Quote from: Amicale on March 26, 2012, 06:17:47 PM

I just looked up pictures of Copenhagen. Oh my god, you live in a gorgeous city! You're so lucky! Incredible river, old buildings, and MAN is that sky village so awesome looking! Can I visit?  :D

:D If you decide to visit Denmark, it must be summer! During summer it's warm and nice, I can write some places down, you have to visit :D

Amicale

Quote from: Piratenerforsej on March 26, 2012, 08:44:11 PM

:D If you decide to visit Denmark, it must be summer! During summer it's warm and nice, I can write some places down, you have to visit :D

Yeah, I looked up some info on the city, looks like the summer temps there get into the low to mid 20s celsius, which is AWESOME. In July-August here, we can get upwards of 30+ celsius, with the humidex it feels like over 40.... for the Americans here, that's well over 90 F. Anyhow, I agree, Denmark in summer would be lovely indeed!

That might be one of those trips I take if I suddenly win money, but alas, not in the budget for a few years. Or more. Sigh.   :-\

Buddy

Ahh so we finally have a Dane here. I hope my Swedishness doesn't bother you too much.  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Piratenerforsej

Quote from: Amicale on March 27, 2012, 12:24:36 AM
Quote from: Piratenerforsej on March 26, 2012, 08:44:11 PM

Yeah, I looked up some info on the city, looks like the summer temps there get into the low to mid 20s celsius, which is AWESOME. In July-August here, we can get upwards of 30+ celsius, with the humidex it feels like over 40.... for the Americans here, that's well over 90 F. Anyhow, I agree, Denmark in summer would be lovely indeed!

That might be one of those trips I take if I suddenly win money, but alas, not in the budget for a few years. Or more. Sigh.   :-\

Oh, yeah :) It's expensive in Denmark, unfortunately :c

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 27, 2012, 12:28:46 AM

Ahh so we finally have a Dane here. I hope my Swedishness doesn't bother you too much.  ;D

Hehe :) It's just fine :D
.....Exept the fact that I don't understand a single swedish word D: They can talk and smile to me, but I don't understand what they say xD

free spirit

This map is an excellent idea, and much better than the polls I've seen (and created) on other forums or discussion groups in order to see who's in my general area.  Sadly, this also allows me to see that there is only one other person in my entire state  ???
But I also realize the possibility that not everyone who joins this forum places themselves on the map.

Tank

Quote from: free spirit on April 24, 2012, 09:45:02 PM
This map is an excellent idea, and much better than the polls I've seen (and created) on other forums or discussion groups in order to see who's in my general area.  Sadly, this also allows me to see that there is only one other person in my entire state  ???
But I also realize the possibility that not everyone who joins this forum places themselves on the map.
At a guess I would say less than 1 in 10.

Welcome aboard  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.