Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on February 20, 2020, 06:52:41 AM
Does the newborn have googly eyes?

She's due in June, and I don't think the mother will let me stick googly eyes on her as well.  :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

Well, now. How about you buy her a little bonnet with eyes on it? In the back of course!  ;D Devious!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on February 23, 2020, 07:01:16 PM
Well, now. How about you buy her a little bonnet with eyes on it? In the back of course!  ;D Devious!

:devil:

billy rubin

just finished early voting in the american primary elections

got to vote for my lovely wife for congress

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

i'm getting back into bees, after a very long hiatus. i couldn't stand it anymore.

so i have just ordered four three-pound packages of italians, to be picked up next month a couple of hours north of here.

we won't be doing anything with them but feeding them to build as rapidly as possible, with an aim of building our numbers back up.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

jumbojak

I was surprised to find out that I'm off tomorrow. So, instead of work I'm going to Jiu-Jitsu in the morning and spending the afternoon with the prettiest girl I know.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Icarus

A quinella of reasons to be cheerful JJ

Recusant

Hat tip to Lark :boaterhat: for this one:

"Machine 'could quadruple' heart and lung transplants" | BBC

QuoteThe number of heart and lung transplants could quadruple thanks to a "reanimation" machine used in a pioneering operation, a hospital says.

The device, developed at Royal Papworth Hospital in Cambridge, managed to pump oxygenated blood into both organs in a world-first procedure.

The machine can revitalise deteriorating organs allowing "donation after circulatory death" (DCD).

Hospital surgeon Pedro Catarino said it was like "recharging the batteries".

"It is reanimation and then it replenishes the energy stores of the heart, what we call reconditioning, which allows it be transplanted," he said.

"We think it could at least double and perhaps quadruple the number of [heart and lungs] available for transplant."

He said it was desperately needed, adding: "Patients die on the waiting list every day."

[Continues . . .]
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Today was the high point of my week. I got out of my day pajamas, put on some going out clothes and went to the supermarket.  ;D ;D ;D

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 04, 2020, 04:07:10 PM
Today was the high point of my week. I got out of my day pajamas, put on some going out clothes and went to the supermarket.  ;D ;D ;D

Were you nervous? I have not set foot outside since the beginning of our lockdown on 26 March. I will hold out in isolation until I need something, but just run the car engine once a week in the underground parking  to prevent battery problems.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

shoot, my routine still hasnt changed, conzidering i m essential and work alone.

i still interact with the same 8 to 10 people per day, less than 60 seconds with each one.

my family and our house guest are estivating at the house, though. ive bribed the kids to burn the dead-out beehives in front of the warehouse so i can gravel it. that will take some time as we re looking at a lot of junk

were already isolated at tbe house

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 04, 2020, 04:59:40 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 04, 2020, 04:07:10 PM

Were you nervous? I have not set foot outside since the beginning of our lockdown on 26 March. I will hold out in isolation until I need something, but just run the car engine once a week in the underground parking  to prevent battery problems.

Not any more nervous than I am every other day. I take a number of precautions when I leave the house, taking care not to touch my face, keeping some distance from other people, and when I come home I leave my shoes at the door, wash the packages I bought with water and detergent and change into my day pajamas. I don't have a homemade face mask yet but I'll be making a couple of those soon.

I also take some paper napkins with me to touch the door handles and elevator buttons. Can't manipulate those with my elbow. ::)

The whole not touching the face thing really gets on my nerves though. Just because I will not put my hands near my face before I've washed them, fate has it that hair strands will fall onto my face and tickle my nose. :Gaah: What can I do besides trying to blow the stray hair stands from my nose and have it fall back and tickle it more?!

I doubt stores that sell hair clips are open, too. :sad sigh: The stray strands are not long enough to tie up.

:notsure: Damn, when will I be able to go to a hairdresser and cut my hair again? 'Tis a scary thought...

No one

You're forgetting that the almighty noodly one helps those who cut their own hair.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on April 04, 2020, 07:05:37 PM
You're forgetting that the almighty noodly one helps those who cut their own hair.

That thought crossed my mind, but...no.  :smileshake:

No one

You don't want to go Sinéad O'Connor?