News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

"You have nothing to believe in? How sad..."

Started by Sweetdeath, July 04, 2012, 10:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

That's right.  It all came out OK in the end.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: OldGit on July 27, 2012, 01:15:25 PM

It did create a lot of noise, however.  Some people just have a nose for drawing attention to themselves.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 27, 2012, 03:39:21 PM
Quote from: OldGit on July 27, 2012, 01:15:25 PM

It did create a lot of noise, however.  Some people just have a nose for drawing attention to themselves.

You mean drawing other people's noses to themselves?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

musicality

In my experiences, sometimes I don't know how to react or respond to people when they start telling me they feel sorry for me. But you handled that nicely & what you said was great :)

To be honest, I feel like when he finally asked about where your mom went when she died was kind of like trying to find a way to put salt in the wound he thought he created (but doesnt exist cuz you answered like a boss ;) ). Bringing moms into the conversation is usually a desperate move. Lol
"Music is prophecy. Its styles are ahead of the rest of society because
it explores, much faster than material reality can, the entire range of
possibilities."

Sweetdeath

Quote from: musicality on July 28, 2012, 09:40:29 AM
In my experiences, sometimes I don't know how to react or respond to people when they start telling me they feel sorry for me. But you handled that nicely & what you said was great :)

To be honest, I feel like when he finally asked about where your mom went when she died was kind of like trying to find a way to put salt in the wound he thought he created (but doesnt exist cuz you answered like a boss ;) ). Bringing moms into the conversation is usually a desperate move. Lol
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Icarus

Too many theists are too nearly insufferable! If they would only let us live in peace, mind their own damned business, it would be one of earths pleasures. Nooooh! So many of them seem to believe in their obligation to inculcate their fervently held beliefs, for the everlasting benefit, of unwilling rationalists. Little do they know that they are suffering an almost incurable disease; the god virus. The tragedy of the god virus is that it is invisible and leaves the victim incapable of recognizing their own debilitating sickness.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Sweetdeath

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Crow

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 08, 2012, 05:02:28 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on August 08, 2012, 11:12:39 AM
That, and have you seen the pope's hat?  >:(

Yeah, what's up with that?

No idea the bible seems to be rather anti male covering there head. Actually that reminds me why don't christian women keep their head covered anymore, femanists you may want to avert your eyes at this bible passage as it may make your blood boil. Plus it's seriously illogical at the end.

Quote from: Corinthians 11:4-16
Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.
Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.
Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.
For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.
Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?
Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.
Retired member.

DeterminedJuliet

I'm no doctor, but the last time I checked women gave birth to most people.  :P
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Asmodean

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on August 09, 2012, 12:21:07 AM

Feminist lies!  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Crow

Quote from: Asmodean on August 09, 2012, 01:00:41 AM

She's a WITCH!
Retired member.

Sweetdeath

I'm going to have to check wikipedia for those facts.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Crow on August 09, 2012, 01:06:15 AM
Quote from: Asmodean on August 09, 2012, 01:00:41 AM

She's a WITCH!

Cue Monty Python...