News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Westboro to pay $11M to serviceman's family

Started by rlrose328, November 01, 2007, 12:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveS

Agreed Mister Joy - I've seen interviews where they qualify their opinion in exactly those terms: "We don't hate gay people!  God, however, does".  Gimme a break.  I think they're chickenshits - they could at least own up to their own opinion....

Lindsey_Mcfarren

These people are christian terrorists and I love seeing how FAST christians do their best to distance themselves saying they are not REAL christians.
Better to reign in HELL then serve in Heaven. - Milton

Mister Joy

It is true that they no longer reflect the majority, mercifully. Although there are many more out there who share the same beliefs and just aren't so outspoken about it... and to say that they 'aren't real Christians' is a classic case of the 'No True Scotsman' fallacy. They use the same reasoning to argue that ex-Christian atheists were never really Christians, because if they were they would never have strayed from the flock.

SteveS

Quote from: "Mister Joy"They use the same reasoning to argue that ex-Christian atheists were never really Christians, because if they were they would never have strayed from the flock.
And, going the other way, I wonder how many atheists feel that way about Antony Flew?  "He was never a true atheist".  He could be victimized by a fallacy of his own coinage!

Seems to me people change.  They could truly be an atheist yesterday, truly not tomorrow.  Truly a Christian yesterday, truly not tomorrow.

One thing seems certain, though: No "true Scotsman" has ever won Wimbledon.  :lol:  (Cheers, Monty Python).

LSchune

I'm putting that video on my FB.  I could NOT stop laughing.
Steve, I am going to fucking kick your ass when I can find it.

"I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat or a prostitute."
Rebecca West

"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
Charlotte Wh

Valerie

I am amazed that the courts did anything to stop this kind of insanity.  What took so long????? I would like to see someone take it upon themselves to investigate each member of this so-called church to turn up all kinds of dirt on the members and then go public with it.  Like the preacher who was found 400 miles from home in a strip club, paying for lap dances with church donations.  He claimed that he didn't know where he was (after having 4 dances and arguing over the price) when the police found him.  Of course, the congregation will forgive him just as his wifey already has.  Those people who feel that homosexuals are in league with the devil are definitely fighting within themselves their own tendencies towards the very thing that they claim to despise.  With so many other things in this country to oppose or to take a stand against, if it weren't so pathetic it would be hysterically funny.  I am proud to be an atheist!!