News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tom62 on May 06, 2019, 08:20:30 PM
Yesterday one of our cats died. He was a 10 year old Main Coon whom we loved very much. We got him 5 years ago from a lady who bred Main Coons, but had to stop because of her blindness. When we first got him he was a rather grumpy cat, but in just a short time he warmed up completely. It is amazing how much love an older animal can give you. He became our most beloved cat.

Last Saturday, we got a bit worried because Taksy (that was his name) got diarrhea. He also was a bit lethargic. We tried to feed him some food, but he didn't eat anything. The day after he seemed to be in a  much better mood, but since he still didn't eat anything, we took him to the vet. He was a bit hydrated, so he got a subcutaneous fluid treatment. He also had an infection that was treated with some antibiotics. Just to be on the safe side, the vet took some blood, to have it checked later in a lab. I was told to come back on Tuesday for the results.

On my way home Taksy started to cry softly. It got worse when we were home. His crying changed into screaming, like if he was in great pain. My wife and I tried to comfort him. The screaming stopped, but he became weaker and weaker. In the end he no longer reacted; had a couple of spasms; and then died in front of my eyes. We still don't know what caused his death. The vet was also at a complete loss. She assumed that Taksy might have had cancer or another disease. That could have explained his 2kg weight loss in 2-3 months time.

We'll miss him.... :'(

Sorry to hear that, Tom.  :'(
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

Quote from: Tom62 on May 06, 2019, 08:20:30 PM
Yesterday one of our cats died. He was a 10 year old Main Coon whom we loved very much. We got him 5 years ago from a lady who bred Main Coons, but had to stop because of her blindness. When we first got him he was a rather grumpy cat, but in just a short time he warmed up completely. It is amazing how much love an older animal can give you. He became our most beloved cat.

Last Saturday, we got a bit worried because Taksy (that was his name) got diarrhea. He also was a bit lethargic. We tried to feed him some food, but he didn't eat anything. The day after he seemed to be in a  much better mood, but since he still didn't eat anything, we took him to the vet. He was a bit hydrated, so he got a subcutaneous fluid treatment. He also had an infection that was treated with some antibiotics. Just to be on the safe side, the vet took some blood, to have it checked later in a lab. I was told to come back on Tuesday for the results.

On my way home Taksy started to cry softly. It got worse when we were home. His crying changed into screaming, like if he was in great pain. My wife and I tried to comfort him. The screaming stopped, but he became weaker and weaker. In the end he no longer reacted; had a couple of spasms; and then died in front of my eyes. We still don't know what caused his death. The vet was also at a complete loss. She assumed that Taksy might have had cancer or another disease. That could have explained his 2kg weight loss in 2-3 months time.

We'll miss him.... :'(

So sorry to hear that Tom  :love:
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

That's terrible. I like cats despite an odd relationship with them growing up. And I hate to see any animal suffer. Hopefully you get some answers at least.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dark Lightning

Wow, that had to be painful to watch. So sorry for your loss.

Tom62

Thanks guys. I'm slowly handling the loss better. I've shed several tears, but I've got so many wonderful memories of Taksy to cheer me up.
Like I said before it is amazing how much love and joy an older pet can give you.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tom62 on May 07, 2019, 05:50:01 PM
Thanks guys. I'm slowly handling the loss better. I've shed several tears, but I've got so many wonderful memories of Taksy to cheer me up.
Like I said before it is amazing how much love and joy an older pet can give you.

Taksy was just as lucky to have you guys as owners as you guys were to have him as a pet.

Dark Lightning

Yup to both previous posts.  :smilenod:

jumbojak

I got terribly weak and lightheaded at class tonight. Well, not really weak, more uncoordinated. The power was there but I was very unsteady and had to lean against the wall and heavy bags a few times. The mind-body connection wasn't as secure as it usually is.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Bad Penny II

My free to air TV reception has gone to shit.
It's fallen of a digital cliff, could be 'cause of an inversion layer.
Could be 'cause I keep slagging off gods and the godly.
I've got good cabling and a deadly looking antenna.
I've got tall trees between me and a true signal.
I've got an amplifier but maybe I need a mast head one.
If everyone can say a pray for my TV reception at 8:32pm Friday (proper time) so I can record Killing Eve it would be appreciated.

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

jumbojak

The weekend approaches. Mother's Day weekend. That'll be over forty hours at work in three days. *sigh*

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on May 10, 2019, 02:27:32 AM
The weekend approaches. Mother's Day weekend. That'll be over forty hours at work in three days. *sigh*

:therethere:

You'll be in my thoughts.  :hammock:

Magdalena

Quote from: jumbojak on May 10, 2019, 02:27:32 AM
Awwww...  :(
Thank you for making so many moms happy.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

jumbojak

They won't be happy. They'll wonder again why the husbands and sons couldn't just cook a nice meal at home so they didn't have to go through the hell that is eating out on Mother's Day.

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on May 10, 2019, 05:08:04 AM
They won't be happy. They'll wonder again why the husbands and sons couldn't just cook a nice meal at home so they didn't have to go through the hell that is eating out on Mother's Day.

On Mother's Day we are all gathering at my daughter's house for lunch. Her mother (my ex) and my daughter's boyfriend's mother and grandmother have also been invited. My contribution will be a French pear tart I will bake on Sunday morning.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: jumbojak on May 10, 2019, 05:08:04 AM
That's true.  :sad sigh:
We've cooked for our kids many times, when they do it for us, it's priceless and appreciated a lot more than having to go through the hell that is eating out on Mother's Day.

But still, thank you, again for working so hard on that day.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant