News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

According to Dredge: Abiogenesis is Magic

Started by Dredge, December 30, 2016, 05:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: Dredge on February 16, 2017, 04:27:07 AM
Quote from: Icarus on February 13, 2017, 03:26:27 AM
Quote from: Dredge on February 13, 2017, 01:20:47 AMActually, the term, "intellegent design" is a tautology.  Without intelligence, design is impossible.

... intelligence may very well be possible or even likely without design.
As a theist, you have no choice but to believe irrational nonsense.  Next you'll be believing that life can come into existence all by the will of woo.

:fixed:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Where's Dredge?
We haven't seen him in a long time. Did he get tired of us?  :sad sigh:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Recusant

He mentioned that he has poor health, and has to travel to a WiFi hotspot to log in to this site. It may be that one or the other has outweighed the entertainment he derives from visiting here. I hope that he is well.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

No one

mags:
Where's Dredge?
We haven't seen him in a long time. Did he get tired of us?

Mothership scooped him up.

Davin

It takes a some work to actively ignore everything Dredge disagrees with, I'm sure it's just resting up.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Quote from: Recusant on February 20, 2017, 08:27:39 PM
He mentioned that he has poor health, and has to travel to a WiFi hotspot to log in to this site. It may be that one or the other has outweighed the entertainment he derives from visiting here. I hope that he is well.

I don't recall seeing that info, Recusant, but I also would not wish him  ill.

Just not pestering us!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

I saw a distinctly Dredgian apparition yesterday, but no other trace was made manifest.  :sherlock2:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Recusant

Quote from: Gloucester on February 20, 2017, 09:03:58 PMI don't recall seeing that info, Recusant, but I also would not wish him  ill.

Just not pestering us!

I'm certainly not vouching for the credibility of what he's said about himself. He doesn't seem to be particularly concerned about veracity.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

Quote from: Recusant on February 20, 2017, 08:27:39 PM

Yes, I remember when he said that.
I also hope he is well.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on February 20, 2017, 08:28:30 PM
mags:
Where's Dredge?
We haven't seen him in a long time. Did he get tired of us?

Mothership scooped him up.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on February 20, 2017, 08:30:47 PM
It takes a some work to actively ignore everything Dredge disagrees with, I'm sure it's just resting up.

Magdalena

Dredge

Quote from: Magdalena on February 16, 2017, 05:00:54 AM
Quote from: Dredge on February 16, 2017, 04:29:11 AMSome of these anti-Dredge posts are pretty funny.
Yes, they are.  :tellmemore:

Are the anti-Dredge posts in other atheist forums, like this?

Magdalena .... spreading the love around.
Follow the evidence wherever it leads.

Dredge

Quote from: No one on February 16, 2017, 04:56:12 AM
Irrational nonsense? Like an almighty deity that created everything there is, yet somehow resembles its most cherished creation?
If you want to defend your brand of science, the best way to do it is with science, not with some theological straw man.
Follow the evidence wherever it leads.

Magdalena

Quote from: Dredge on February 21, 2017, 05:17:16 AM
Magdalena .... spreading the love around.
Well..........Um...

...A lot of us are trying to do that, right now.
I hope you can see that.