News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

According to Dredge: Abiogenesis is Magic

Started by Dredge, December 30, 2016, 05:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Quote from: Bad Penny II on February 09, 2017, 01:10:43 PM
Anyway that's not why I'm here, I just wanted to announce that I'm not you.

No worries. I'll admit it did cross my mind very early on, but after a bit of investigation (just to satisfy my own curiosity) I'd pretty much confirmed that it wasn't the case. I feel that my finding has subsequently been confirmed. His clumsy posturing and heavy-handed attempts at humor lack your deft and sly wit.  ;)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

At first I thought Dredge was a Poe, as I do with practically all creationists (there's just no way that someone can seriously think that creationism is real, right? Wrong), but that Pudding and Dredge were one and the same...never crossed my mind. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Firebird

Quote from: Bad Penny II on February 09, 2017, 01:10:43 PM
Quote from: Dredge on February 08, 2017, 11:52:02 PMTherefore I shall dream up some reason why it can't be true.   

It might be interesting if you documented the process.

Anyway that's not why I'm here, I just wanted to announce that I'm not you.
I was concerned that I might be so I instructed my wife to lock me in a cupboard for a day so I could confidently deny the association if a Dredge post was made while I was restrained.  She kept me constrained for three days because she's opportunistically scientifically rigorous.  To the point, I'm not you, if you were wondering too.

Hey, whatever you guys are into is none of my business.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 09, 2017, 10:22:47 PM
At first I thought Dredge was a Poe, as I do with practically all creationists (there's just no way that someone can seriously think that creationism is real, right? Wrong), but that Pudding and Dredge were one and the same...never crossed my mind. :grin:
He has one behaviour common to multiple forum posters/trollers, though there could be other explanations.

When the poster pops up every so often, answers a selection of posts - rarely entering into actual debate - then buggers off for a few more days... One thinks he might be doing the same over several forums. Not quite as bad as the totally non-responsive multiple copy/paster . . .

I have found four such patterns before, but picking a name like "Dredge" makes searching near impossible, 99% of the results refer to scraping crap off the bottom of wet and soggy places. Hmm.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Yeah, people like Pahu and other copypasters are worse, but when you're speaking to someone who isn't paying attention to a word you're saying it can result in the same effect -- speaking to a wall. Just because a wall can occasionally talk back doesn't mean a meaningful conversation is taking place.

That's why I'm not going to respond to Dredge anymore. It's not out of fear of weird creationist fantasies, it's not because I feel Dredge has won, it's because this exchange has become exceedingly boring.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 11, 2017, 12:50:12 AM
Yeah, people like Pahu and other copypasters are worse, but when you're speaking to someone who isn't paying attention to a word you're saying it can result in the same effect -- speaking to a wall. Just because a wall can occasionally talk back doesn't mean a meaningful conversation is taking place.

That's why I'm not going to respond to Dredge anymore. It's not out of fear of weird creationist fantasies, it's not because I feel Dredge has won, it's because this exchange has become exceedingly boring.

Yeah, met Pahu elsewhere(s).

As I said before, responding to such is mostly a waste of time - other than when you have time to waste and want to amuse yourself generating yet another re-iteration of the same argument!

Dredge

Quote from: Gloucester on February 09, 2017, 05:19:56 AM
Quote from: Dredge on February 08, 2017, 11:38:50 PM
The blind, mindless process of evolution, that can neither think nor plan nor imagine nor design, somehow produces creatures that can!
Make enough iterations over a long enough time period . . . We are talking probably more iterations than we will ever have counting numbers for over billions of years and anything that is possible is possible.
Yeah, right - given even time, monkeys will "iterate" a Large Hadron Collider into existence.  You live in a dreamworld, my friend.

The problem with your iterations hypothesis is there is no evidence that inanimate matter can accumulate complexity to a point that is even remotely close to what is required for life.  Has half a strand of DNA or parts of a cell been observed floating about?  I'd say that what your propose is based on nothing but pure speculation and wishful thinking ... pseudo-science, in other words (aka atheist theology).

Was it Tina Turner who sang that song, "What's evidence got to do with it?"
Follow the evidence wherever it leads.

Dredge

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 11, 2017, 12:50:12 AMI'm not going to respond to Dredge anymore.
After I pointed out the faults in your ridiculous "evolution designs" argument, I'm not surprised.
Before you go, can you cite even one evoutionary scientist who says evolution involves design?

Do you believe in Gaia, by any chance?

Actually, the term, "intellegent design" is a tautology.  Without intelligence, design is impossible.
Follow the evidence wherever it leads.

Icarus

Quote from: Dredge on February 13, 2017, 01:20:47 AMActually, the term, "intellegent design" is a tautology.  Without intelligence, design is impossible.

Design may...or may not, be impossible without intelligence.......but intelligence may very well be possible or even likely without design. 

[Fixed quote tags. - R]

Davin

Quote from: Dredge on February 13, 2017, 01:20:47 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 11, 2017, 12:50:12 AMI'm not going to respond to Dredge anymore.
After I pointed out the faults in your ridiculous "evolution designs" argument, I'm not surprised.
Before you go, can you cite even one evoutionary scientist who says evolution involves design?

Actually, the term, "intellegent design" is a tautology.  Without intelligence, design is impossible.
Dredge is left so alone...
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Quote from: Dredge on February 13, 2017, 01:13:02 AM
The problem with your iterations hypothesis is there is no evidence that inanimate matter can accumulate complexity to a point that is even remotely close to what is required for life.  .

Is there any evidence that it can't? It, basically, only had to do it once, a long, long time ago. Just a theory - but with far more supporting evidence than any for supernatural intervention. Except in the folk stories and and social rules written down by a few Bronze Age power hungry people.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on February 13, 2017, 05:54:41 PM
Quote from: Dredge on February 13, 2017, 01:20:47 AM

Dredge is left so alone...

:sad sigh:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

It's easy to think you've won the game when you ignore all the points the other team has over you.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Davin

Quote from: Apathy on February 14, 2017, 08:32:56 AM
It's easy to think you've won the game when you ignore all the points the other team has over you.
It doesn't matter if Dredge thinks it won, so I say let it think so. If it was actually interested in being right, it would have listened to the dissent and corrected all the embarrassing logical and factual errors in its arguments.

As it stands, Dredge looks like a toddler declaring victory in a fit.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Pasta Chick