News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

According to Dredge: Abiogenesis is Magic

Started by Dredge, December 30, 2016, 05:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

Quote from: Dredge on January 11, 2017, 11:36:34 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on January 11, 2017, 08:09:38 AM
As for "dark matter"? The jury is still out but I have every confidence that the answer will fit into the natural laws of the universe and be describable in mathematics. One might say that it has already been so described in its effects if not in its nature.
The jury used to think that the earth was flat - thems were rong.
How long ago? I suspect, given your performance in this thread, that you're working off of a misunderstanding or misrepresentation.

Quote from: DredgeThe jury now thinks rocks turned into life and that evolved into all life - thems be rong again, I suspecto.
This demonstrates that you have no understanding of any hypothesis for abiogenesis. Cite one proposed hypothesis that states that rocks turned into life.

Quote from: DredgeScientists make up stories and think dem be good and truey.  Thems be often rong and not at all weight.
You don't understand science, so judgments from you about science are worthless.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Pasta Chick

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Well, I can tell you now - my rocks certainly contain DNA!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

No one

Pick a number.
Multiply it by 2.
Add 22.
Divide by 2.
Subtract your original number.

You are left with 11.

How did I know that.

MAGIC.

Davin

Quote from: No one on January 12, 2017, 07:08:29 PM
Pick a number.
Multiply it by 2.
Add 22.
Divide by 2.
Subtract your original number.

You are left with 11.

How did I know that.

MAGIC.
^ :lol:

Pick a number, any number.
Multiply that number by 3.
Add 1998 to that number.
Divide by 3.
Now subtract your original number.

That's right, you picked the number of the beast: 666!!!!!

Now you have to ask yourself why you love Satan so much that you can only pick numbers that result in 666.

Dredge

Quote from: Magdalena on January 12, 2017, 04:47:22 AM
Why would anyone want to worship dark energy!?
Millions of atheists already worship science and evolution, so why not?  But it would make more sense to worship the Being who created dark energy.
Follow the evidence wherever it leads.

Dredge

Quote from: Firebird on January 11, 2017, 11:07:45 PM
Quote from: Dredge on January 11, 2017, 11:01:14 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on January 09, 2017, 02:20:31 AM
Quote from: Dredge on January 08, 2017, 10:31:44 PM
Abiogenesis is a never-ending story of baseless assumptions and untestable theories - a dreamer's paradise, in other words.

So it's arm wrestling with the Bible then?   :popcorn:
No, not really.  The Bible doesn't claim to be science.

What does it claim to be then, in your mind?
History.  Prophesy.  Revelation.  Truth.  Peace.  Joy.  Salvation.  Eternal life.   Beyond science.

Magdalena

Quote from: Dredge on January 15, 2017, 03:42:55 AM
Abiogenesis is a never-ending story of baseless assumptions and untestable theories - a dreamer's paradise, in other words.

History.  Prophesy.  Revelation.  Truth.  Peace.  Joy.  Salvation.  Eternal life.   Beyond science.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Dredge on January 15, 2017, 03:34:28 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on January 12, 2017, 04:47:22 AM
Why would anyone want to worship dark energy!?
Millions of atheists already worship science and evolution, so why not?  But it would make more sense to worship the Being who created dark energy.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dredge

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 12, 2017, 01:18:51 AM
Quote from: Dredge on January 11, 2017, 11:49:06 PM
Quote from: Davin on January 11, 2017, 03:14:56 PM
How about that?
I don't like this moving scorpion thing.  It scares me.

It seems you find science scary as well. ;)
I love science.  When I grow up, I want to be a scientist and wear a bow-tie and smoke a pipe and grow a beard. 

I already have a theory (or is it an hypothesis?) about horses that I want to investigate:  It is my considered opinion that sea-horses are actually (land) horse larvae.  Horses normally stick to the land, but to breed, a boy horse and a girl horse go into the sea (probably during the night) to breed.  The girl horse produces an egg and the boy horse fertilizes it.  After a while the fertilized egg developes into a larvae, which we know as a sea-horse.  It grows and grows and grows and eventually becomes a little land horse (a foal), at which point, it walks (or possibly gallops) out of the sea (probably at night, as no one seems to have ever witnessed a foal emerging from the sea). 
Once on land, the foal goes about finding its mother (using a combination of smell and horse-horse radar) and the rest is history. 
My apitude for science should be manifestly obvious to you by now.  Science is my calling.

Magdalena

I'm sorry, guys, I just can't...

Is it time to move it where it belongs?
Dump Pile of Crazy Troll Posts

Please?

Dredge

Quote from: Magdalena on January 15, 2017, 04:16:24 AM
Quote from: Dredge on January 15, 2017, 03:42:55 AM

This is pretty funny, but seriously, I'm sorry I made you ill.  Imagine how sick you're going to be when Jesus returns! Oh my Gord!

Magdalena

Magdalena

Hello? Dredge?
I'm talking to you....
Wake up..

Answer me.

:grin:

Does it make you feel happy that your god will punish me?