News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

HAMP

Started by amireallyanatheist, October 20, 2009, 10:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amireallyanatheist

- Is the HAMP Guide launching this month? I have been waiting a while for this in order to modify my loan on my own and I read today that it is about to be launched. Not sure about the exact date though.

karadan

QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Whitney

Hmm...what's the point of spamming without including a link....broken bot?

joeactor

HAMP = Happy Atheist Multi-Player

(wanna play?)

curiosityandthecat

Haha, spam fail. Beautiful.
-Curio

nikkmichalski

Ford: "It's unpleasantly like being drunk."
Arthur: "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"
Ford: "You ask a glass of water." -- Douglas Adams, H2G2
"'Why is it you never mentioned any of this before the plane crash?'...'I didn't think the time was ripe.' " [emphasis delightfully Vonnegut's] -- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-5

Will

Quote from: "joeactor"HAMP = Happy Atheist Multi-Player

(wanna play?)
I'm guessing the game doesn't have a lot of spell-casters or paladins.  :raised:
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Renegnicat

There's plenty of those. But they're called Filids and SS Officers, respectively.  :P
[size=135]The best thing to do is reflect, understand, apreciate, and consider.[/size]

LoneMateria

How about ninjas?  You can't have a serious RPG without Ninjas!
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

Renegnicat

Y'know something? There's enough programmers on this forum to seriously consider a Happy Atheist Multiplayer Game. I know I could provide the artwork.

Whaddya guys think? A small game?
[size=135]The best thing to do is reflect, understand, apreciate, and consider.[/size]

nikkmichalski

Now there's an idea.
Ford: "It's unpleasantly like being drunk."
Arthur: "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"
Ford: "You ask a glass of water." -- Douglas Adams, H2G2
"'Why is it you never mentioned any of this before the plane crash?'...'I didn't think the time was ripe.' " [emphasis delightfully Vonnegut's] -- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-5

LoneMateria

Quote from: "Renegnicat"Y'know something? There's enough programmers on this forum to seriously consider a Happy Atheist Multiplayer Game. I know I could provide the artwork.

Whaddya guys think? A small game?

I'm working on a game right now so i don't have time to code.  Plus if they are using VBulletin then you'd have to code the game in PHP and though i could offer services as error checker I can't actually code in that language.

***EDIT*** or we could make it using JApplet
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.

Renegnicat

What about javascript? Two hard? Japplet, I am unfamiliar with.(I'm more a workstation programmer. A bit dusty on web apps.)

LoneMateria

Quote from: "Renegnicat"What about javascript? Two hard? Japplet, I am unfamiliar with.(I'm more a workstation programmer. A bit dusty on web apps.)

Japplet is just writing a program in Java designed to be an Applet.  I'd take that route that way I don't have to use JavaScript.  On most Java compilers now you can code your project as a stand alone app or as a JApplet.  However there are distinct differences between the code in places.