News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on February 20, 2019, 06:35:15 PM
Fifteen. He has had breathing problems his entire life.

Well best wishes for a speedy recovery.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

He's back home now which is a good sign. He must be recovering faster than he usually does.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Essie Mae

Pleased to hear that JJ; so frightening not to be able to breathe properly.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Buddy

We might have to start house hunting this year. We were going to start next year but our apartment complex has gotten awful since it was bought out by a company. I looked into renting from a private party, but all of the properties in this area are garbage. 
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Dark Lightning

The wife's car was running badly, so I had it towed to the dealer. Rats ate some of the injection controller and the main ignition harness insulation and cut some of the wires.  >:( $2700 worth of damage. I've not talked to our insurance agent yet. Hopefully it's covered and we can just pay the deductible. The city is also going to get a call about the rat haven in the neighbor's back yard. There is all kinds of trash and rotting plants over there, and we've seen rats.

The newer vehicles use a soy-based insulation that the rats seem to like to eat. We were told to put Irish Spring soap or dryer sheets under the hood, as this will deter them.

As icing on the cake, our Maltese is suffering some sort of nerve issue and has had convulsions. We're putting her down tomorrow. It's a sad time in the Lightning home. We've had her for almost 19 years and she's been the sweetest little dog ever. But she shouldn't suffer, so we'll give her the final mercy at the Vet.  :sigh:

jumbojak

That sucks about the harness DL. And the dog is even worse. :(

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dark Lightning

Really sucks about the dog. The car is insured, I think, but it's only money, though not an inconsiderable amount. I have to say that she has been so much fun for the time we've had her that I won't take long to find another dog. It's going to be tough to find one that fun, though. I'm going to have to lower my standards at "interviews", I'm sure. Going to be a hole in my heart for a while.

hermes2015

Quote from: Dark Lightning on February 23, 2019, 03:49:04 AM
Really sucks about the dog. The car is insured, I think, but it's only money, though not an inconsiderable amount. I have to say that she has been so much fun for the time we've had her that I won't take long to find another dog. It's going to be tough to find one that fun, though. I'm going to have to lower my standards at "interviews", I'm sure. Going to be a hole in my heart for a while.

My condolences. Many people cannot understand that one can a love a pet as much as one's own human child.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Bad Penny II

Quote from: hermes2015 on February 23, 2019, 04:16:44 AM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on February 23, 2019, 03:49:04 AM

My condolences. Many people cannot understand that one can a love a pet as much as one's own human child.

Lucretia, please be reasonable, don't.
Oh don't talk reasonable to me, you love "our" budgerigar more than me
I'm off to dance lewdly in the moonlight.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

Just got back from the Vet.  :'(  It's gonna be tough to replace that little sweetheart. Thanks all for the condolences.

Icarus

My deepest sympathies for the loss of your best little friend.

Recusant

They bring joy in life and grief in their passing. Sorry to hear of your loss, Dark Lightning:-\
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dark Lightning

Well, the deed is done. I know I did the right thing, and like to think that this would be done for me when the time comes. The vet and his assistant were very professional about it. She went quickly.

Thanks for your kind words, folks.

Tom62

Sorry to hear about your loss, DL :'(
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein