News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Deeper into the Trump Abyss.

Started by Dave, January 30, 2017, 07:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on September 20, 2017, 01:28:19 PM
I wasn't criticizing your take on it. Just putting out there since it was related.

Anywho, I agree he might be spouting someone else's words. And my issue with that, if it is true, the "reforming the UN" idea might be a way to slip in something that is not supposed to be there. Shoot, they might even kick us out.

Yeah, but I am now thinking that the beligerence was all his own. He said that America would totally destroy N. Korea. A more seasoned national leader might have said, "We will totally destroy N. Korea's ability to strike another nation in any way and do our utmost, including further violent action, to ensure they never develop that ability again."

That implies an overwhelming initial attack and the further promise of violence to come if they do not behave. That latter part may be rhetorical. Now... China eould not be happy, wipe out a lot of Korea's military and industrial base would mean a flood of refugees over the border. S.Korea would not wish a flood in their direction either - too much chance of "moles" coming over to cause problems.

Of course, should "Rocketman" get killed the N Koreans might just sigh in relief and turn on those who oppressed them - hoping for aid later...but I doubt that. His desire to equal the US in arms is never goingvto happen, it would take only a fraction of the US nuclear reserves to turn most of inhabitable N Korea into a glowing, glassy wilderness. But that would certainly invite China, and probably Russia, to a global party.

Unfortunately we live in interesting times.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Dave on September 20, 2017, 02:06:37 PM

Indeed, the Chinese curse has come upon us.  No way to predict what is going to happen in the next couple of years.

Dave

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on September 20, 2017, 06:08:54 PM
Quote from: Dave on September 20, 2017, 02:06:37 PM

Indeed, the Chinese curse has come upon us.  No way to predict what is going to happen in the next couple of years.

But I have this horrible feeling it ain't gonna be all that good. And that from a life long optimist. China was hsppy to clsim Tubet becsyse they had no modern armed forces and Mao The Dung was not against interfering in another nation's internal affairs. The present bunch in power are not so prone to interfere, it bothers them not to give give all kinds if aid and nasty toys to the nastiest of regimes. So long as it does not boomerang on them.

However, they also realise they need the rest of the world to trade with, to employ and feed their ever growing population that also increasingly crave Western style goodies. So perhaps if not exactly tied their hands may just be wringing a little. It was once said that "diplomatically controlling" China, as the West once did, was like holding a tiger by the tail - perhaps the party now know how that feels regarding their own people.

Arturo

Or maybe they will be the ones "diplomatically controlling" the US or the rest of the west.

Trump fails as a diplomat and let's face it, he fails at almost everything except mobilizing nazi/kkk terrorists.

If there were ever anyone needing precision-like humbeling kick(s) to the face, it would be the US. And China would be the one capable of doing it. Bring them to their knees, but not to their graves.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on September 20, 2017, 06:46:42 PM
Or maybe they will be the ones "diplomatically controlling" the US or the rest of the west.

Trump fails as a diplomat and let's face it, he fails at almost everything except mobilizing nazi/kkk terrorists.

If there were ever anyone needing precision-like humbeling kick(s) to the face, it would be the US. And China would be the one capable of doing it. Bring them to their knees, but not to their graves.
China's greatest need is resources - minerals, energy and food - that is why they have persuaded so many African countries  to swap minerals, oil and agricultural land for, often badly built, "modern" infrastructure (whilst employing hardly any locals on these projects nor buying food etc from them). Thus they "sell" their own future for something they may not be able to use later. Like putting yourself in so deep a debt buying the car that you cannot afford the fuel to run it.

So, they have already bought a good bit of American real estate and debt. If they start buying agricultural land start worrying, all that produce may be exported back home to feed the ever growing masses. China has maybe reached the point where it cannot support its population with its own produce.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackperkowski/2014/09/25/chinas-growing-food-problemopportunity/#67c030054811

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

^^^^
That is funny.  :lol:

...But it's also sad...
:cryandrun:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Quote from: Tom62 on September 21, 2017, 07:02:45 AM
Hilarious!

Not only hilarious but also very, very clever!

Unfortunately too close to the truth as well . . . . . .

Icarus

Some parodies are just too scary.   :fingerwag:

Arturo

It looks like the "tension" between donald and kim just turns out to be a shouting match
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Missed the name on the news, and can't find a link, but a senator has seemingly described the Trump White House as, "An adult daycare centre with a shortage of staff."

Later:

QuoteCorker fires back: Trump's White House 'has become an adult day care center'

Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) fired back at President Trump after his criticism on Sunday, calling Trump's White House "an adult day care center."

"It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center," Corker said. "Someone obviously missed their shift this morning."

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/354447-corker-fires-back-at-trump-its-a-shame-the-white-house-has-become-an-adult

Firebird

Bob Corker, a Republican senator who's not running for reelection, so he feels free to speak his mind. Also claims most in his party feel this way too.
Kind of scary that the rest are afraid to say anything because  there's so many Trump fans who might vote for a primary opponent even more crazy than they already are.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Dave

Quote from: Firebird on October 09, 2017, 03:34:33 AM
Bob Corker, a Republican senator who's not running for reelection, so he feels free to speak his mind. Also claims most in his party feel this way too.
Kind of scary that the rest are afraid to say anything because  there's so many Trump fans who might vote for a primary opponent even more crazy than they already are.

Yes, one commentator said that Corker was a respected moderate and that this "'outburst" was out of character. There was also some comment about him saying that "the generals" on the White House staff were the only people that made it work. I had been wondering if some if the later appointees had bern "'imposed" on Ttump.

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant