News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: Sandra Craft on September 13, 2019, 05:26:45 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on September 03, 2019, 03:23:50 AM
:oooh-me!:
Speaking of rainbows...

PHILADELPHIA — Rainbow-colored crosswalks .

We've got these in Long Beach.  Some people complained about the expense, but nobody can say they didn't see these cross walks!
Oooh! Nice!

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

jumbojak

My first attempt at salmon turned out rather well.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on September 16, 2019, 03:41:37 AM

That looks scrumptious. I like fish so much I can eat it every day. What did you serve with it?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 16, 2019, 04:13:57 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on September 16, 2019, 03:41:37 AM

That looks scrumptious. I like fish so much I can eat it every day. What did you serve with it?

This is going to sound crazy but... BACON! ;D

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

Looks good! I'd have some al dente broccoli florets with that fish.

Tank

Nice colour and texture by the look of it.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Michadoh

I got dumped  by my ex GF lol

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: Michadoh on September 20, 2019, 05:36:18 AM
I got dumped  by my ex GF lol

[pedantic]
Technically you were dumped by your GF, who would now be your ex GF.
[/pedantic]

Every problem is an opportunity in disguise.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Buddy

Ran into my mom's verbally abusive ex husband today. He looks like shit.  :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

Six weeks ago I set out to lose some weight. I started at 216 pounds. This morning I weighed in at 180 pounds. I still have a ways to go before I can buy new pants that actually fit, but I'm getting there.

Buddy

Quote from: jumbojak on September 22, 2019, 01:59:16 AM
Six weeks ago I set out to lose some weight. I started at 216 pounds. This morning I weighed in at 180 pounds. I still have a ways to go before I can buy new pants that actually fit, but I'm getting there.

That's really impressive JJ!  :frolic: