News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on March 25, 2020, 02:03:25 PM

I like this one. While the bird in the center looks like it's striking up a dramatic pose for the shoot the one in the bottom left looks like it's onto you...

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on March 25, 2020, 02:03:25 PM
I don't know why I love ospreys so much.

I know it isn't a lark, but the photo reminds me of the dreamy The Lark Ascending by Ralph Vaughan Williams.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

that's scary.

i was listening to that yesterday afternoon.

who's channelling who?

set the function, not the mechanism.

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on March 25, 2020, 07:58:53 PM
that's scary.

i was listening to that yesterday afternoon.

who's channelling who?

Cue the Twilight Zone theme.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

I also admire the Osprey.  They are a familiar sight in the vicinity of my house. Those birds are predators with vicious talons and beaks.  They feed mostly on fish but when times are hard they will capture mice, squirrels, or whatever is unfortunate enough to become its target.  They appear to be able to take flight with a fish larger than one would believe possible for them to lift. 

Hermes, that music is most pleasing.

hermes2015

I would love to go out into the deserted streets to take some surreal photos in spired by Giorgio de Chirico, but unfortunately it's forbidden to leave one's home. Only trips to banks, hospitals, and food shops are allowed. Anyway, I am planning to live like a hermit for at least another 10 days.
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 30, 2020, 05:12:00 AM
I would love to go out into the deserted streets to take some surreal photos in spired by Giorgio de Chirico, but unfortunately it's forbidden to leave one's home. Only trips to banks, hospitals, and food shops are allowed. Anyway, I am planning to live like a hermit for at least another 10 days.

Bit of a shame to let the opportunity go to waste, isn't it?

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on March 30, 2020, 06:42:12 AM

I know! It's soooo tempting!!!  >:(
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on March 30, 2020, 07:06:09 AM

Yes it is, but I'll be a good citizen for once and obey the law. There are roadblocks everywhere and people are getting arrested.
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 30, 2020, 07:14:31 AM

Yes it is, but I'll be a good citizen for once and obey the law. There are roadblocks everywhere and people are getting arrested.

*facepalm* and where are they putting those arrested?

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on March 30, 2020, 08:23:34 AM

No, from what I've heard, spot fines, not jail.
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 30, 2020, 08:35:56 AM
Quote from: Tank on March 30, 2020, 08:23:34 AM

No, from what I've heard, spot fines, not jail.

"Hand over the virus coated money!"