Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Nice one jj.

The czechs do make top class beer and even in the centre of Prague it's comparatively cheap.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tom62

the Czechs brew the real Budweiser bear. The beer hat share the same name, but is brewed in the USA instead, is tasteless in comparison. https://business.time.com/2014/01/27/where-a-budweiser-isnt-allowed-to-be-a-budweiser/
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Icarus

The link was most interesting Tom.  I am not a big time beer drinker but I used to soak up a few mugs on occasion. (occasion: every day)

There are a gazillion "craft breweries" here in Florida.  It is quite the craze....evidently.  I have not bothered to go to one of those facilities because they seem compelled to bastardize the noble art of brewing........Chocalate almond beer ?  Pineapple flavored beer? Lemon infused beer? Fugedaboutit.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Icarus on March 06, 2020, 11:52:30 PM
The link was most interesting Tom.  I am not a big time beer drinker but I used to soak up a few mugs on occasion. (occasion: every day)

There are a gazillion "craft breweries" here in Florida.  It is quite the craze....evidently.  I have not bothered to go to one of those facilities because they seem compelled to bastardize the noble art of brewing........Chocalate almond beer ?  Pineapple flavored beer? Lemon infused beer? Fugedaboutit.

IK, R? I bought a "Double Depth Charge" dark ale awhile back, only to find that the "depth charges" were two whatever-you-call 'ems of espresso. Given my sensitivity to caffeine (I can't have caffeine past 1 PM if I want to go to sleep at 9 PM) it took me four days to finish the damned thing off, a bit at a time, and before I had had any other beer, so that it was earlier in the day...and I don't consume any alcohol before 4 PM. I think that some of that flavoring is for millennials. Though my sons don't drink that kind of stuff...much.  :o

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on March 09, 2020, 02:35:43 AM
A friend took this. I think it's really good.

The inclusion of two bits of orange-red, which is a complementary colour to green, was very clever. That colour makes the green foliage pop very nicely.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

jumbojak

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

jumbojak

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on March 12, 2020, 02:48:16 PM
Rusty clipboard.

I enjoy photos like these that show beautiful textures we normally don't notice.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

Rust formation is fascinating. It's especially interesting when galvanization is present. The flaky, scaly texture always forms in interesting ways.

jumbojak

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

jumbojak

jumbojak