News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Upcoming movies that have you psyched!

Started by xSilverPhinx, September 29, 2018, 02:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Mortal Machines premiered in cinemas today. I'm still debating whether I will see it or not. :notsure: Probably yes though. I do like me some popcorn.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 11, 2019, 02:15:19 AM
Mortal Machines premiered in cinemas today. I'm still debating whether I will see it or not. :notsure: Probably yes though. I do like me some popcorn.

Going to watch it in a couple of hours. I guess the secret to not silently screaming inside while I do is to not have high expectations.

xSilverPhinx

Well, that was a meh movie. I give it a 4/10, and that's because it had Hugo Weaving in it.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 12, 2019, 11:23:26 PM
Well, that was a meh movie. I give it a 4/10, and that's because it had Hugo Weaving in it.

Ah, Hugo Weaving.  I'll never be able to see his face again without thinking "Elrond". 

There's a biopic of the last years of Laurel and Hardy coming out that I'm interested in, esp. since John C. Reilly is playing Hardy.  As much as I hate the movies he's in with his pal Will Farrell, I think Reilly is a fine and badly under-appreciated dramatic actor.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Quote from: Sandra Craft on January 13, 2019, 12:04:58 AM

Ah, Hugo Weaving.  I'll never be able to see his face again without thinking "Elrond". 

There's a biopic of the last years of Laurel and Hardy coming out that I'm interested in, esp. since John C. Reilly is playing Hardy.  As much as I hate the movies he's in with his pal Will Farrell, I think Reilly is a fine and badly under-appreciated dramatic actor.
That looks really good.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Bad Penny II

Tolkien's story could be interesting but I don't like the tone of that trailer.

Do it low budget and tasteful, it doesn't call for blockbuster bullshit.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

hermes2015

I always see Hugo Weaving as Anthony in "Priscilla", a brilliant movie that proved that greatness does not depend on a huge budget.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on March 30, 2019, 12:18:18 PM

I'm hoping it'll turn out like the Lord of Rings movies: high budget, lots of special effects but a good and compelling story. The story part is the hardest to get right it seems, but Tolkien was an exceptional person. It shouldn't be too hard to adapt parts of his interesting life into film...   

Bad Penny II

I saw Hacksaw ridge recently, it was Forest Gump does WWII with a Mel Gibson Christian rendering for me, Hugo though was fucking excellent.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 30, 2019, 12:35:32 PM

I'm hoping it'll turn out like the Lord of Rings movies: high budget, lots of special effects but a good and compelling story. The story part is the hardest to get right it seems, but Tolkien was an exceptional person. It shouldn't be too hard to adapt parts of his interesting life into film...

Like Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on March 30, 2019, 01:30:28 PM

Um...there was way too much weirdness in that film to be taken seriously, based on the trailer. As for the film, I wouldn't know really, I skipped that one when it came to theaters.

xSilverPhinx

Tank

Hear hear!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Quote from: Bad Penny II on March 30, 2019, 01:30:28 PM

That was the worst movie I have actually managed to sit through!