News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Potentially fun quiz

Started by Sandra Craft, April 14, 2017, 12:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Found this on FB:  What is your subconscious religion?

I got peaceful Quaker, which I find acceptable.  Curious if anyone gets atheist/agnostic (it's supposed to allow for no religion, even subconsciously).
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

That was fun!  ;D
I got:
You're subconsciously an Agnostic philosopher!
You're a thinker with passion for understand exactly how things work. You're inner spirituality is rooted in an awe of the physical world around us and intellectual pursuit. You're a curious, intellectual and observant person.

Agnosticism neither denies nor affirms the existence of God or a Higher Power. Agnostic leave the question open with an open mind, waiting for proof one way or the other.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Yay!  Got agnostic first one out!
Sandy

Dave

Another Peaceful Quaker here.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

:tellmemore:
Could the Peaceful Quakers please post how the test describes, a Peaceful Quaker.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on April 14, 2017, 03:24:23 AM
:tellmemore:
Could the Peaceful Quakers please post how the test describes, a Peaceful Quaker.

Here it is:  You're subconsciously a peaceful Quaker! Deep down, you're open-minded, fair, principled and justice oriented. Your inner, subconscious spirituality is motivated by a profound desire to make peace and fight for justice.

Quakers (or Friends) are members of a group of religious Christian movements which is known as the Religious Society of Friends. Quakers believe that truth is continuously revealed directly to individuals from God. Quakers often focus on trying to hear, the inner, still voice of God. Pacifism, social justice and peace making are important elements of the Quaker religious experience.
Sandy

Magdalena

hermes2015

That was interesting. This was my result:

You're subconsciously a Zen Buddhist! Deep down you're a calm, gentle spirit that seeks balance and beauty. Your inner spirituality is rooted in a "going with the flow" approach that enables you to easily endure life's dramatic ups and downs.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dragonia

Awww, I'm a Peaceful Quaker too! Though I don't know how they get my subconscious religion from asking me which food I'd like to eat the most. Does picking the Bulgur salad or tabouli or whatever that salad was, make me a peaceful Quaker?  ;D
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Recusant

I would have appreciated a "none of the above" choice in the "spiritual guidance" question, because that  would be my honest answer. Given that, I tried both Bob Marley and Dr. Hawking, as the two least objectionable, even if I'd never consider either to help with "spiritual" questions. The result was the same from both--"agnostic philosopher."
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

Quote from: Recusant on April 14, 2017, 01:41:32 PM
I would have appreciated a "none of the above" choice in the "spiritual guidance" question, because that  would be my honest answer. Given that, I tried both Bob Marley and Dr. Hawking, as the two least objectionable, even if I'd never consider either to help with "spiritual" questions. The result was the same from both--"agnostic philosopher."

I agree, I find many of these types of quiz/test sites have a less than adequate range of options that orobably skews the results. Though, since the resilts are probably going to be a part of a, less than scientific, "big data set" maybe skewdness is what they want?

Dragonia

Yes, goofy little quizzes like this, I totally take them with a grain of salt and don't give a lot of weight to the results.  :eyeroll:
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Arturo

I also got Agnostic Philosopher
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Dragonia on April 14, 2017, 01:18:48 PM
Awww, I'm a Peaceful Quaker too! Though I don't know how they get my subconscious religion from asking me which food I'd like to eat the most. Does picking the Bulgur salad or tabouli or whatever that salad was, make me a peaceful Quaker?  ;D

I was wondering about that question too, tho my food choice was fruit.  The Quakeriness must have come from somewhere else, tho I can't imagine where.

Quote from: Dragonia on April 14, 2017, 03:57:36 PM
Yes, goofy little quizzes like this, I totally take them with a grain of salt and don't give a lot of weight to the results.  :eyeroll:

A friend of mine on FB (an agnostic who got Zen Buddhist) thinks the test must have been put together by a religious student who wasn't that far along in their studies, since the idea of what a zen Buddhist was like reflected a very shallow knowledge of Buddhism.
Sandy

Dave

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on April 14, 2017, 07:28:02 PM
Quote from: Dragonia on April 14, 2017, 01:18:48 PM

I was wondering about that question too, tho my food choice was fruit.  The Quakeriness must have come from somewhere else, tho I can't imagine where.

Quote from: Dragonia on April 14, 2017, 03:57:36 PM

A friend of mine on FB (an agnostic who got Zen Buddhist) thinks the test must have been put together by a religious student who wasn't that far along in their studies, since the idea of what a zen Buddhist was like reflected a very shallow knowledge of Buddhism.

This"Peaceful Quaker" chose a meat dish. Heck of a lot of (ir)relevance there?