News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Discussão em português

Started by Tank, May 06, 2019, 01:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on May 12, 2019, 02:31:33 PM
I think I'll go for the proverbs. If I can't pull of a corny pickup line in English I damn sure won't get it right in Portuguese!

:lol: You could try going for something a little cheeky instead.  :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

Am I right in thinking that pluralization is accomplished through verb modification rather than through the noun? There seems to be a pattern but I don't know if it'll translate into a general rule.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on May 12, 2019, 03:23:36 PM
Am I right in thinking that pluralization is accomplished through verb modification rather than through the noun? There seems to be a pattern but I don't know if it'll translate into a general rule.

Verbs agree with the subject. If there's more than one ('they' or 'we') then you inflect the verb into the plural form. Adjectives and nouns can be pluralized, something that doesn't happen in English, I think.

For instance, if I say:

(Eu) Tenho um cão preto. (I have a black dog)

If I had two black dogs I would say:

Tenho dois cães pretos.

Literally: I have two dogs blacks. Sounds a bit weird, huh?

If I were to say 'we have two black dogs' it would be:

(Nós) temos dois cães pretos.

I put 'eu' (I)and 'nós' (we) in brackets because they can be omitted since the verb is inflected.

jumbojak

I think I'm going to try to compose a short essay, for lack of a better word. It'll be a bit of a challenge and might help to iron out a few details.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on May 13, 2019, 01:56:47 AM
I think I'm going to try to compose a short essay, for lack of a better word. It'll be a bit of a challenge and might help to iron out a few details.

Cool! ;D

jumbojak

I've been thinking of ways to remember words more easily. Looking up what's what on the farm and describing it might help and could potentially be useful. You never know, I might head south and clearcut a piece if the Amazon to start a ranch!

Ecurb Noselrub

O que achas do argumento ontológico do Anselmo?

jumbojak

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 13, 2019, 01:56:27 PM

Eu não achar o argumento do Anselm convincente.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on May 13, 2019, 02:06:59 AM
I've been thinking of ways to remember words more easily. Looking up what's what on the farm and describing it might help and could potentially be useful.

I personally think associating new words with previously acquired mental concepts is the easiest way to learn new words. That and practice, of course. Gotta get those synapses strengthened!  ;D

QuoteYou never know, I might head south and clearcut a piece if the Amazon to start a ranch!

Ele realmente disse isso?

It seems he really did say that, Blue. But he's only joking, you can go back to sleep now.

Tá bom.

:foottap:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

jumbojak

I think I prefer talking to Purple instead of Blue. Purple is helpful. Blue is completely humorless...

xSilverPhinx

O que achas do argumento ontológico do de Anselmo?

;D Look at him go! Straight to the heavy philosophical stuff, hey?

Eu acho que o argumento de Anselmo tem vários problemas...não levo a sério. O argumento chega a ser absurdo. 

Tendo a concordar mais com Tomás de Aquino, que disse que a natureza de deus (se existe) seria além da compreensão humana. Não acho que, se deus existe, a consciência humana teria como entendê-lo até porque nossas limitações humanas não permitiriam. Pelo contrário, nossas tendências biológicas e psicológicas favorecem imagens mentais de deuses falhos e ridículos. Olha só para o deus do antigo testamento da bíblia.

E...as ideias de deus e deuses concebidos nas mentes de humanos são entidades demasiadamente humanos também. É uma das grandes razões que me levam a ser uma atéia. 

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on May 13, 2019, 11:34:30 PM

Eu não achar o argumento do Anselm convincente.

:smilenod:

I perfectly understood what you wanted to say, so that's really good ;D

Just two corrections:

Eu não acho o argumento de Anselm convincente.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on May 14, 2019, 02:22:54 AM
I think I prefer talking to Purple instead of Blue. Purple is helpful. Blue is completely humorless...

:sad sigh: But Purple is Blue. She's just a little sad today, hence the new hue.

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 14, 2019, 02:47:14 AM

:sad sigh: But Purple is Blue. She's just a little sad today, hence the new hue.

Ah, my apologies then, if my suggestion that I would clearcut the Amazon played a part in that. I really enjoy trees. You would be more likely to find me sabotaging an industrial logging operation than taking part.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on May 14, 2019, 03:03:21 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 14, 2019, 02:47:14 AM

Ah, my apologies then, if my suggestion that I would clearcut the Amazon played a part in that. I really enjoy trees. You would be more likely to find me sabotaging an industrial logging operation than taking part.

No worries about the clearcutting the Amazon joke, you don't come across as someone who thinks along those lines, unlike our shithead president who seems to just want to destroy natural treasures along with everything good in the world. 

Besides giving leave to foreign and domestic companies to destroy the Amazon, he's also destroying basic research by cutting funding. My scholarship grant is at stake.  :( That's why I'm a little down today, it has nothing to do with what you said.