News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

So CA Member Here

Started by InnateMorality, July 31, 2010, 08:13:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InnateMorality

Well it's nice to see an active forum.

I'm in my thirties now, and was raised Christian. I started to wake up in my late teens, but it took over a decade to become a true free thinker. While I was primarily either agnostic or atheist in my world view over that decade, it wasn't without a hint of guilt or shame which came from the childhood brain washing.  My family never even laid it on thick, and we didn't even go to church much.  I can't imagine the weight someone from a more strict upbringing must go through during the deconversion process.

Being a non believer wasn't really something I thought about much over that time, however once I did, I was able to steadily recover from the burden that is now completely gone.

I am looking forward to participate in the conversations here.

Tank

Hi InnateMorality

Glad to see you introduce yourself and join in. We seem to have so many people who just look in through the window when the door is right in front of them and wide open  :D

Regards
Chris

Useful links for new members
Mission Statement Why this place is here.
Forum Rules More of a set of guidelines really, upset Whitney (She who must be obeyed) and you'll find the exit door very quickly!
How do I use the quote feature? If you are new to forums this is an important feature to understand. The maximum number of nested quotes is 3.
Help desk. Any problems this is where to ask them.
What's on your mind today? The general chit chat thread.
Somewhere to discuss the fear of dying. Many ex-theists have to come to terms with death, this is a place to discuss this issue.
How to tell your family you are an atheist. Some suggestions about how to deal with this thorny issue.
Parenting Beyond Belief. The forum for discussing how to raise your children 'Faith Free'.
Just a little advice for new Atheists Some thoughts for those new to reality.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.