What kind of atheist are you?

Started by Dave, October 01, 2016, 02:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Pasta Chick

Davin

Honestly, it depends on the proposed god. For the Abrahamic god and most defined gods, I am rather gnostic about their existence. But for gods I've never heard of, obviously I don't believe in them or disbelieve in them since I don't know anything about them. And for the vague idea that there could be a god, well those too fall into the simple lack of belief column.

So the "I lack a belief in god or gods" definition matches all cases involving any god. While I'm apathetic towards undefined or vaguely defined gods. And I'm gnostic towards most of the gods that people have presented to me.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Magdalena

Quote from: Asmodean on October 06, 2016, 04:32:19 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on October 03, 2016, 02:56:11 AM
^^^
I love your answer!  :lol:
The Asmo doesn't get it :(
;D
I think I can explain it.
Look at the poster's name.
Look at Pasta Chick's answer.
Look at where the poster of the .gif is--an atheist forum.
Pasta Chick is an apathiest, and he's very happy to have found someone like him.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Pasta Chick

That's the sort of happy that makes me a little afraid he might try to wear my skin or something though.

Magdalena

Quote from: Pasta Chick on October 06, 2016, 04:53:29 PM
That's the sort of happy that makes me a little afraid he might try to wear my skin or something though.
:lol:
LOL so hard, right now!
Thank you.  ;D

Harmonie

I can fit under a number of different labels - Agnostic Atheist, Secular Humanist, and Anti-Theist.

Although that still doesn't fully define me, because despite being very much an anti-theist, I don't have much of a bite, especially off of the internet. If someone I really respect is a very strong Christian, I will respect them being religious... Even if it makes me very sad, because I see how much they devalue themselves because of it.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

viocjit

Essie Mae

Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Asmodean

Quote from: Magdalena on October 06, 2016, 04:44:58 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on October 06, 2016, 04:32:19 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on October 03, 2016, 02:56:11 AM
^^^
I love your answer!  :lol:
The Asmo doesn't get it :(
;D
I think I can explain it.
Look at the poster's name.
Look at Pasta Chick's answer.
Look at where the poster of the .gif is--an atheist forum.
Pasta Chick is an apathiest, and he's very happy to have found someone like him.
Like... A "music to my ears" type of situation?  :???:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Dragonia

I would call myself an Atheist-humanist, simple!
I've seen and heard discussions on this, and whoo!, people get worked UP about it, talking around in circles....
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Dave

Quote from: Dragonia on October 15, 2016, 06:07:41 PM
I would call myself an Atheist-humanist, simple!
I've seen and heard discussions on this, and whoo!, people get worked UP about it, talking around in circles....

I'm a humanist atheist!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

No one

I guess you could say, I'm the, "don't ram your beliefs down my throat, and we will get along just fine." type of atheist.