News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Yahoo-like chat room for Happy Atheist Forum

Started by Asmodean Prime, July 12, 2006, 02:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean Prime

Yahoo-like chat room added:

http://www.happyatheistforum.com/phpchat/

It's fully integrated with the forum database so anyone registered on the forum should be able to just click on the link then pick a room (currently there is just one room...but I think users can create rooms too, I just don't see a point for more than one at this time) and start chatting.

There is also a link to the chat room located on the footer of every page of this site.  I used javascript to make it a small popup rather than opening full screen.  A graphic link will also be added later to the forum side panel...I just haven't done it yet.

I'm going to leave the shoutbox on the forum...it's good for making little announcements and saying random things quickly.

edit...oh, this screen name was created so I could admin the chat room.  For some reason my admin name for chat had to be shorter than my usual name.  I kinda forgot to switch back names before posting this  message.

McQ

Every time I try to type in chat, it tells me that I can't send a message unless the operator gives me a voice. Hmmm...
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Whitney

hmm...weird...let me look at what's going on and get back with you.

Whitney

ok...should be fixed....I don't know why I had to give you a voice since the room is public.  I'll have to find out how to make that an automatic setting.

Edit:  problem fixed...I had something set up wrong.  It should automatically allow all users to chat now.   At least I know how to make a room that requires users to be given a voice in case that is needed for some reason in the future.

Jassman

Is there any way to allow making the chatroom full screen or at least enlarging the window?
[size=75]"You ever notice how people who believe in creationism look really unevolved?" -Bill Hicks[/size]

[size=75]I'm drowning in the fear of gods. The more I see the less I want. I was not raised

Jassman

Nevermind, I figured it out.
[size=75]"You ever notice how people who believe in creationism look really unevolved?" -Bill Hicks[/size]

[size=75]I'm drowning in the fear of gods. The more I see the less I want. I was not raised

McQ

Quote from: "Jassman"Nevermind, I figured it out.

Please feel free to share the answer. :)
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Jassman

For a fixed-size window, I was clicking the "Click to Chat" link at the bottom of the main page. To make it full screen, it's the much more obvious link at the top of the main page:

http://www.happyatheistforum.com/phpchat/

It may not work without Firefox...

Whitney

There's a link at the top of the main page?  I remember trying to place a link at the top...but it made the header look funny and I removed it.

Anyway..I can change the java links to create a resizeable screen and that will fix the size issue.