News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

a completely accepting and understanding world

Started by MusicLovingAtheist, December 24, 2014, 05:10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MusicLovingAtheist

I have been trying to come to terms with the fact that people will not automatically understand concepts they cannot grasp. I have been thinking about how much I hate rules and how I wish I didn't live on this planet anymore. I have to arbitrarily ignore the senses of my mind that tell me I want to do one thing and have to do another. This is a life that I never wanted. People tell me all the time that I have to be fair, and I have to accept the way that things are. They don't hate to be human and feel like they don't belong here. consider this a thought experiment. why can't the world be a place where there is no such thing as socially unacceptable? There is nothing that I hate more than the fact that everyone has to be familiar with the world and they can't grasp things that are unfamiliar. I feel like I am trapped in a bubble and there is no one who can understand or accept me. They tell me that I have a problem and yet there is no understanding of how the mind even world on a biological level. People still see it as the "soul". Their naivety knows no bounds, and they are so quick to judge, and they are so quick to punish, and they are so quick to arbitrate. I can't see a world where I can live the way I want. I can't see a world that is free from the hatred that I feel every day for being a human being, and living on this planet.

Magdalena

Quote from: MusicLovingAtheist on December 24, 2014, 05:10:52 AM
I have been trying to come to terms with the fact that people will not automatically understand concepts they cannot grasp. I have been thinking about how much I hate rules and how I wish I didn't live on this planet anymore. I have to arbitrarily ignore the senses of my mind that tell me I want to do one thing and have to do another. This is a life that I never wanted. People tell me all the time that I have to be fair, and I have to accept the way that things are. They don't hate to be human and feel like they don't belong here. consider this a thought experiment. why can't the world be a place where there is no such thing as socially unacceptable? There is nothing that I hate more than the fact that everyone has to be familiar with the world and they can't grasp things that are unfamiliar. I feel like I am trapped in a bubble and there is no one who can understand or accept me. They tell me that I have a problem and yet there is no understanding of how the mind even world on a biological level. People still see it as the "soul". Their naivety knows no bounds, and they are so quick to judge, and they are so quick to punish, and they are so quick to arbitrate. I can't see a world where I can live the way I want. I can't see a world that is free from the hatred that I feel every day for being a human being, and living on this planet.
It looks as if you've been thinking a lot about many things, what is it exactly that bothers you the most right now? In one sentence, if possible, maybe this will help you sort out your thoughts.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

MusicLovingAtheist

Quote from: Magdalena on December 24, 2014, 05:22:46 AM
It looks as if you've been thinking a lot about many things, what is it exactly that bothers you the most right now? In one sentence, if possible, maybe this will help you sort out your thoughts.
I do not accept society's standards and I want freedom.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Pasta Chick

You have freedom.  What you need to learn is how to deal with the consequences of your actions/words.

Magdalena

MusicLovingAtheist, are you still here? I don't want to argue with you, I don't want to give you advice, I don't want to solve your problem, but I will listen to what you have to say, if that's what you're looking for.

MusicLovingAtheist

can't people just look at my adorable homo kid icarus avatar and just be all like awwwww and not get upset? I mean that is what it's there for. the two adorable little angels cuddling and stuff. the appropriateness is like off the charts too because the ironic angels and the sacrilegious homosexuality reference. omg this is too much I'm dyin.

MusicLovingAtheist

Quote from: Magdalena on December 24, 2014, 06:07:44 AM
MusicLovingAtheist, are you still here? I don't want to argue with you, I don't want to give you advice, I don't want to solve your problem, but I will listen to what you have to say, if that's what you're looking for.
I just want people to discuss things philosophically to me. and I wish people wouldn't use the word "you" when they talk to me. asmo doesn't do that and I fucking love that guy. he's so cool.

Tank

Quote from: MusicLovingAtheist on December 24, 2014, 06:41:45 AM
I just want people to discuss things philosophically to me. and I wish people wouldn't use the word "you" when they talk to me. asmo doesn't do that and I fucking love that guy. he's so cool.
Using the word 'you' in many cases of discussion should be considered as 'one'. This is a grammatical issue one has to get used to online. I dislike the word 'you' misused as a generalisation.

Human nature is judgemental, we are what we are, evolved apes with just enough brains to be dangerous.

I think PC has a valuable point about freedom. People can do what they want but there are consequences to all actions. Unfortunately that's just life. But all people are unique by definition of nature combined with nurture. You are unique and what to be free, but everybody else is unique and also wants their freedom. But the freedom they want isn't the freedom you want. That is the conundrum of living in a society.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: MusicLovingAtheist on December 24, 2014, 06:40:22 AM
can't people just look at my adorable homo kid icarus avatar and just be all like awwwww and not get upset? I mean that is what it's there for. the two adorable little angels cuddling and stuff. the appropriateness is like off the charts too because the ironic angels and the sacrilegious homosexuality reference. omg this is too much I'm dyin.
Question. Are you looking just for acceptance or do you want affirmation from others of who you perceive yourself to be?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

I like Asmo too, he is cool. He was one of the very first people who talked to me when I joined the forum. What I like the most about him is the way he expresses himself. He is honest, something not always appreciated, but admired. He thinks carefully about what to say, and how to say it. I think he's only hurt my feelings once, he takes meanness right to the edge, but he'll never push you off the cliff.  :D
If we can't say, "you" what should we say? Do you think we give you constructive or destructive criticism? Does MLA just want to vent sometimes, in a safe place?

Siz

I'm guessing that you've never come across Anton LaVey's Satanic Bible? What you describe in the OP sounds like the world of the Laveyan Satanist. A non-judgemental place where there are few taboos. It turns the world into a playground to indulge your whims. There are few rules, just consequences. But along with your own freedom comes the obligation to respect everyone else's freedoms without judgement. Do what you like, but "do unto others as they do unto you". That is fair, right?!

I am a regular visitor to a Satanist forum. It is a place where vigourous philosophical discussion happens on any controversial subject you care to imagine, including all of yours with bells on. Discussion is open and frank and without a lot of the moralistic judgements of the world at large. There are some very sharp, educated people on there, as there are here. They can be cruel - they do not suffer fools - that that is their way. I've suffered a weeks ban myself for being a smartass - completely justified within context. You will survive only two ways in there - by being smart or by being quiet. Stupidity is the worst sin for the Satanist.

Is this the world you seek? If you are smart and learned as you think you are you should fit right in. You'll have found your place. You will be accepted and understood. If you post unsupported, unsolicited hateful nonsense (or just nonsense), you'll be chewed into tiny pieces, spat out and banned - they are not sympathetic to unconsidered opinion. They do not care about hurting your feelings to put you in your rightful place, as they see it.

I'd urge you to put your money where your mouth is and give it a try. I'd hope the experience of the world you wish for will make you appreciate the gentle, respectful, inclusive forum at HAF, for all its social conventions and restrictive rules of engagement.

Yes, life as a social being is a compromise for the angry Nihilst and there's no way around it.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Scissorlegs on December 24, 2014, 09:40:57 AM

I'm guessing that you've never come across Anton LaVey's Satanic Bible? What you describe in the OP sounds like the world of the Laveyan Satanist.

Interesting insight. But it goes both ways.  If someone wants that kind of freedom in a non-judgmental way, he/she must also be non-judgmental.  Tough to do. 

MusicLovingAtheist

Quote from: Magdalena on December 24, 2014, 07:05:15 AM
I like Asmo too, he is cool. He was one of the very first people who talked to me when I joined the forum. What I like the most about him is the way he expresses himself. He is honest, something not always appreciated, but admired. He thinks carefully about what to say, and how to say it. I think he's only hurt my feelings once, he takes meanness right to the edge, but he'll never push you off the cliff.  :D
If we can't say, "you" what should we say? Do you think we give you constructive or destructive criticism? Does MLA just want to vent sometimes, in a safe place?
I would prefer if you didn't refer to me at all, and just discussed the ideas I present.

MusicLovingAtheist

Quote from: Scissorlegs on December 24, 2014, 09:40:57 AM

I'm guessing that you've never come across Anton LaVey's Satanic Bible? What you describe in the OP sounds like the world of the Laveyan Satanist. A non-judgemental place where there are few taboos. It turns the world into a playground to indulge your whims. There are few rules, just consequences. But along with your own freedom comes the obligation to respect everyone else's freedoms without judgement. Do what you like, but "do unto others as they do unto you". That is fair, right?!

I am a regular visitor to a Satanist forum. It is a place where vigourous philosophical discussion happens on any controversial subject you care to imagine, including all of yours with bells on. Discussion is open and frank and without a lot of the moralistic judgements of the world at large. There are some very sharp, educated people on there, as there are here. They can be cruel - they do not suffer fools - that that is their way. I've suffered a weeks ban myself for being a smartass - completely justified within context. You will survive only two ways in there - by being smart or by being quiet. Stupidity is the worst sin for the Satanist.

Is this the world you seek? If you are smart and learned as you think you are you should fit right in. You'll have found your place. You will be accepted and understood. If you post unsupported, unsolicited hateful nonsense (or just nonsense), you'll be chewed into tiny pieces, spat out and banned - they are not sympathetic to unconsidered opinion. They do not care about hurting your feelings to put you in your rightful place, as they see it.

I'd urge you to put your money where your mouth is and give it a try. I'd hope the experience of the world you wish for will make you appreciate the gentle, respectful, inclusive forum at HAF, for all its social conventions and restrictive rules of engagement.

Yes, life as a social being is a compromise for the angry Nihilst and there's no way around it.

haha. that sounds fucking epic. sure, why not. I'd like to give it a try. I doubt it will be much different from trying to fit in on the metal-archives.com forum though. a bunch of angry stuck up elitists who have no qualms with trying to make you feel bad.