News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Punishing puns! and spoonerisms and malapropisms etc.

Started by Tank, December 19, 2015, 11:49:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

Ufo caught on tape is .....well, imaginative    :clapping:

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 02, 2018, 08:34:09 PM

Thanks, Silver! My 10" wall clock is just a pair of hands, no numerals 'cos I did not like the ones that came with the mechanism.

Might just print off a variation of that.

Now I remember there used to be an animated "time flies" clock as a windows screen saver
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 02, 2018, 08:34:09 PM

Reminds me of Groucho Marx: Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Dave

The Uxbridge English Dictionary

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

xSilverPhinx

Tank

That's a damn beautiful bug!!!

joeactor

Uxbridge and Bug... Ha! (keep 'em coming!)

xSilverPhinx

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Tank on September 05, 2018, 12:13:24 PM
That's a damn beautiful bug!!!

Indeed! That is one beautiful specimen. I worked as a mechanic for many years. In general, the less a person spent on a new car, the less care they took of it. It was obvious with beetles, but they were damned near bullet proof, so people got good service out of them. The paint could chalk up something horrible, but they were still ambulatory.