News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

iBooks

Started by Sophus, July 30, 2010, 09:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophus

It may delight you to know that there are free iBooks avaliable (classics from old dead authors who rock - ex. Charles Darwin, Thomas Jefferson, Lewis Carroll, Walt Whitman, etc.). I am wondering if there is a way to get books I already own in my iBooks library without having to purchase them again.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

hismikeness

Quote from: "Sophus"It may delight you to know that there are free iBooks avaliable (classics from old dead authors who rock - ex. Charles Darwin, Thomas Jefferson, Lewis Carroll, Walt Whitman, etc.). I am wondering if there is a way to get books I already own in my iBooks library without having to purchase them again.

If they are in .epub or .pdf format they will work on any iDevice with iBooks installed. Simply drag them to iTunes and load on to the device.

That said, I have an iPod Touch, and I don't recommend using .pdf on that device. It loads the full page on the small screen. Yes, you can pinch to zoom, but then you have to scroll right and down and right and down and right just to read one page. There are converters out there, some freeware, but I haven't used them. By all reports the possibility of bad conversion and scrambled letters is pretty high going from .pdf to .epub.

Hope that helps. I am currently reading Dan Brown's Angels and Demons on my Touch!  :headbang:
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74