News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Nova! -the end of black hole/singularity fantasy:

Started by Rift Zone, March 19, 2018, 06:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

This thread too.

*** Moderator Red***

Since this discussion has escalated, a cool-down period of 24 hours during which Rift Zone and Davin should refrain from posting anything addressing the other STARTS NOW. If you two continue to address each other during the mandatory cool-down period then further action will be taken.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

Quote from: Rift Zone on March 21, 2018, 09:12:55 PM
oh, Jumbojack, i got something for you to check out!   

I was looking for more of a "plasma physics for dummies" type thing than a history lesson with subtitles. Sorry RZ, but I couldnt make it past the halfway point.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Rift Zone

Quote from: jumbojak on March 22, 2018, 11:50:37 PM

I was looking for more of a "plasma physics for dummies" type thing than a history lesson with subtitles. Sorry RZ, but I couldnt make it past the halfway point.
We call that big bang universe.    lol     J/K   

I'm sorry jumbojak, there's not much out there, at any level of aptitude/exposure.   

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 23, 2018, 06:33:04 AM
An example of good scientific communication.

you again?    you still hoping for an abstract?   you know you're tripp'n right?   I'll be holding on to them intellectual property rights.   anything else you want out of me?
In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan

Rift Zone

Quote from: Dave on March 23, 2018, 08:22:54 AM
Excellent, Hermes!

Good find.
I have to agree.   it's a pretty worthy vid.   

"The capacity to ask a question is of far greater importance than the capacity to answer one.   To answer a question is to share a thought, feeling, idea, value, concept, or belief.   To ask a question is the attempt to grasp new concepts or establish new relations within our universe.   Inquiry is an act of exploration.   The possibility of unique knowledge is forged within the formulation of a question.   The answer serves only to confirm, deny, or elaborate."   -Rift Zone

You guys know how a quasar works, don't ya, out of a paragraph?   then we'll assume i'm not all that bad with explanation and you guys are free to ask questions if you want a bigger picture. 
In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan

Rift Zone

Just in case people are wondering what this all means...     The single action of re-defining nova in the manner expressed in the original post breaks all of modern physics.   It's not compatible with Relativity, the Standard Model of QM, and clearly not with Big Bang Theory.    Furthermore, that conclusion is about as definitive as you get without publishing the math behind it.    Black holes don't exist; mother nature is kicking them to the curb all over the place.   The description above is a perfect representation of observation; this is precisely how nova happens.   So modern physics is already toast.   The "Time!" essay describes a bit about what QM and our relativistic universe really looks like.   

Rift Zone

furthermore, let it be known that I only make sport out of punks trying to get a piece of me.   I treat decent people with kindness, humility, and respect.   being inquisitive and ruthless with ideas is what we're supposed to do, it's our nature.   So, I'm at you disposal if you want to explore what this crazy fuck thinks.  ;)

Tank

Quote from: Rift Zone on March 23, 2018, 01:57:03 PM
furthermore, let it be known that I only make sport out of punks trying to get a piece of me.   I treat decent people with kindness, humility, and respect.   being inquisitive and ruthless with ideas is what we're supposed to do, it's our nature.   So, I'm at you disposal if you want to explore what this crazy fuck thinks.  ;)
That's a very good description of Davin.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Davin

Quote from: Rift Zone on March 23, 2018, 12:56:49 PMThe single action of re-defining nova in the manner expressed in the original post breaks all of modern physics.
You used the term "prevailing theory" 21 times in the original post, but not once did you specifically mention even one of those prevailing theories. Which theories at what points do you disagree with and what is your model and how does your model work better. To be clear, I'm not interested in words, I'm interested in the math and the tests and the peer reviews.

Also, the idea that one thing can break "all" of modern physics is something that will require some demonstration (severe under exaggeration in case it wasn't clear). For instance, using modern physics to determine the paths and jet thrusts required to launch rockets into space and then land them safely, works quite well.

Does this Nova thing break those modern physics models that have been demonstrated to work?
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Good luck with that!
I've been waiting 8 years for something like that to happen to me around here. Some have been waiting longer.
:snicker:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Rift Zone

Quote from: Davin on March 23, 2018, 05:56:25 PM
Quote from: Rift Zone on March 23, 2018, 12:56:49 PMThe single action of re-defining nova in the manner expressed in the original post breaks all of modern physics.
You used the term "prevailing theory" 21 times in the original post, but not once did you specifically mention even one of those prevailing theories. Which theories at what points do you disagree with and what is your model and how does your model work better. To be clear, I'm not interested in words, I'm interested in the math and the tests and the peer reviews.

Also, the idea that one thing can break "all" of modern physics is something that will require some demonstration (severe under exaggeration in case it wasn't clear). For instance, using modern physics to determine the paths and jet thrusts required to launch rockets into space and then land them safely, works quite well.

Does this Nova thing break those modern physics models that have been demonstrated to work?

I assumed it would be evident the previaling theory in question had a lot to do with black holes and singularity.   It just turns out the conclusion is incompatible other facets (other theories).   

When we create schwarzchild radius in the lab we will have direct experimental evidence that says, yes modern physics models that have been demonstrated to work will be demonstrated to not work well enough.   

I'll share my homework on that another day.   So we're not dealing with a model that's competing for dominance within academia on proper turf: mathematics, so I'm not trying to convince anyone to adopt this model, only to let you guys know another model that says very different things is being developed.  -that's all.   

Quote from: Magdalena on March 23, 2018, 06:19:19 PM
Good luck with that!
I've been waiting 8 years for something like that to happen to me around here. Some have been waiting longer.
:snicker:
lol   Cool, leaving me be in obscurity would work too...  I like it there.   =)

Davin

Quote from: Rift Zone on March 23, 2018, 07:43:59 PM
Quote from: Davin on March 23, 2018, 05:56:25 PM

I assumed it would be evident the previaling theory in question had a lot to do with black holes and singularity. It just turns out the conclusion is incompatible other facets (other theories).
Which "prevailing theory" are you talking about? There are a lot of scientific theories and none of them are named "prevailing theory." And what theory is this conclusion that you're talking about coming from?

Quote from: Rift Zone
When we create schwarzchild radius in the lab we will have direct experimental evidence that says, yes modern physics models that have been demonstrated to work will be demonstrated to not work well enough.
If it hasn't been demonstrated yet, then it doesn't matter yet. It's nice that you're moving away from the hyperbolic statements like "breaks all of modern physics" and moved onto something halfway reasonable like "[modern physics] [don't] work well enough."

Quote from: Rift ZoneI'll share my homework on that another day.   So we're not dealing with a model that's competing for dominance within academia on proper turf: mathematics, so I'm not trying to convince anyone to adopt this model, only to let you guys know another model that says very different things is being developed.  -that's all.
So you're just here to say that all of modern physics is wrong and then you're not going to back it up? Also, a model is being "developed" means that it's not demonstrated yet. So it's probably wrong anyway. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Rift Zone

Quote from: Tank on March 23, 2018, 04:55:20 PM
Davin has been willfully engaging in behavior unbecoming of scientific discourse, so that remains to be seen. 

however, to defend the quality of his character, as well as my own, I'd like to point out we did the online equivalent of getting on a sparring mat, facing, bowing, and fighting.   So I imagine every party present wasn't exactly on their best behavior.   And I'd personally like to apologize to HAF staff for our choice of venue.

Davin

Quote from: Rift Zone on March 23, 2018, 08:08:11 PM
Quote from: Tank on March 23, 2018, 04:55:20 PM
Davin has been willfully engaging in behavior unbecoming of scientific discourse, so that remains to be seen. 

however, to defend the quality of his character, as well as my own, I'd like to point out we did the online equivalent of getting on a sparring mat, facing, bowing, and fighting.   So I imagine every party present wasn't exactly on their best behavior.   And I'd personally like to apologize to HAF staff for our choice of venue.
I don't think it was a sparring match. Didn't seem adversarial at all to me.