News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Deeper into the Trump Abyss.

Started by Dave, January 30, 2017, 07:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

Another kayerbof crap has beennlaid - now zTrump's lawyer ssys he wrote the tweet that implied zTrump knew about Flynn lying to tbe FBI.

Now, to my jntutored mjnd thst means:
A. The lawyer is incompetent in that a lawyer's job is to be 100% sure that whatever his client "says" means exactly what it says, that there is no doubt or ambiguity.
B. The the lawyer is taking the blame in an attempt to protect his client, that the lawyer's admission is a lie.

My gut goes for the B.

Move two is to divert attention from this with his latest tirade against the FBI and its "'lying" former director, sacked by him. I hope Mueller is taking his time to construct a solid case of fact rather than give Trump time to get out of jail and still pass "Go".  So far Ttump seems to be digging himself a deeper abyss to fall into...  But then, this is politics, truth has nothing to do with it.

Icarus

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Icarus on December 04, 2017, 03:57:47 AM
Not what we want to read but perhaps has some truth.....https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/12/trump-impeachment/547358/

People need to remember that Clinton was impeached too, but that didn't end his Presidency.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Davin

It's also good to remember that Clinton was impeached for lying under oath about doing something legal.

Trump is already violating the emoluments clause, and many of his campaign staff, transition team, and appointees have lied under oath (sometimes multiple times), about their dealings with Russian agents.

I mean, yeah even if Turnip does get impeached,  it doesn't mean he has to resign or even get removed from office. If people want to make a change, then they have to vote in the next few elections.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Not sure about impeachment but his side may be getting a bit concerned about his behaviour:

QuoteTrump tweets about Russia probe spark warnings from lawmakers
"I would just say this with the president: There's an ongoing criminal investigation," Graham [Lindsey Graham (R)] said on the CBS program "Face the Nation."

"You tweet and comment regarding ongoing criminal investigations at your own peril," he added.

Reuters

Perhaps the GOP is bothered about his effdct on their future?

QuoteTrump's limited appeal a warning sign for Republicans ahead of 2018 elections

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic election victories in Virginia and New Jersey showed Republicans losing more ground in suburban areas, where President Donald Trump's unpopularity could cost them dearly in next year's congressional races.

Reuters

Icarus

I voted for Obama two times.  I do not suppose that he was the best president ever but he was damned sure not the worst either.  "Barry" did not offend us daily with dumb ass tweets, he did not boast about grabbing pussies, ...............if he had not been tainted by being half black he could have done much more to the benefit of our society. I like to think that he would have.   

Here is a guy who has a few words to say about our last president and about the assholes who demean him without knowing anything about how the government works or how morality is assessed. https://www.popsugar.com/news/Personal-Essay-Barack-Obama-Presidency-43654092

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on December 05, 2017, 04:58:55 AM
I voted for Obama two times.  I do not suppose that he was the best president ever but he was damned sure not the worst either.  "Barry" did not offend us daily with dumb ass tweets, he did not boast about grabbing pussies, ...............if he had not been tainted by being half black he could have done much more to the benefit of our society. I like to think that he would have.   
Is the word, tainted, appropriate, here?  :notsure:
Quote...if he had not been tainted by being half black he could have...
Some synonyms of the word: contaminate, pollute, adulterate, infect, blight, spoil, soil, ruin, destroy.

I'm just wondering...but then, again, you know me...I'm a little crazy sometimes.  :shifty:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Davin on December 04, 2017, 03:34:25 PM
It's also good to remember that Clinton was impeached for lying under oath about doing something legal.

That's true, I keep forgetting if there were issues other than the stained dress because that on its own seemed such an absurd thing to make a public fuss about.
Sandy

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on December 05, 2017, 05:23:24 AM
Some synonyms of the word: contaminate, pollute, adulterate, infect, blight, spoil, soil, ruin, destroy.

I'm just wondering...but then, again, you know me...I'm a little crazy sometimes.  :shifty:

I think it is since it accurately reflects the attitude of his adversaries.

And you're not just a little crazy -- you're gloriously mad.
Sandy

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 05, 2017, 05:28:23 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on December 05, 2017, 05:23:24 AM

I think it is since it accurately reflects the attitude of his adversaries.
I see.  :chin:

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 05, 2017, 05:28:23 AM
And you're not just a little crazy -- you're gloriously mad.
:notsure: Is this...good...Or...bad?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

I mentally tagged a sort of unsaid qualifier onto Icarus' " ..tainted..." comment along the lines of, "...in the oppinion of some."

Magdalena

Quote from: Dave on December 05, 2017, 07:00:11 AM
I mentally tagged a sort of unsaid qualifier onto Icarus' " ..tainted..." comment along the lines of, "...in the oppinion of some."

Yes. Maybe you're right.
Maybe this:
Quote...............if he had
Means:
Quote"...in the oppinion of some."

Communication --It is a pain in the eye.
:picard facepalm:

Dave

Quote from: Magdalena on December 05, 2017, 07:15:45 AM
Quote from: Dave on December 05, 2017, 07:00:11 AM

Yes. Maybe you're right.
Maybe this:
Quote...............if he had
Means:
Quote"...in the oppinion of some."

Communication --It is a pain in the eye.
:picard facepalm:

Icarus also voted for Obama twice and finished with a link from a man defending him. But I know, all too well, how possible it is to see something that can be interpretted as a slight then get blinkered vision where the "offending words" seem to be in bright red, 36pt, bold, Arial black. The knee doth jerk mightily!

One of the reasons that I sometimes wait up to half an hour after writing a quick riposte. I reread it, reflect on it, then edit it into still strong but more considered form!

Dave

It seems to be getting closer to home...

QuoteMueller has subpoenaed Deutsche Bank for information on Trump and his family[/b]

*Robert Mueller, the special counsel investigating President Donald Trump's campaign's ties to Russia, has subpoenaed Deutsche Bank for data on accounts held by Trump and his family.
*Deutsche Bank has loaned the Trump Organization millions for real-estate ventures.
I*n June, Deutsche Bank rejected demands by US House Democrats to provide details on Trump's finances.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/mueller-reportedly-subpoenaed-deutsche-bank-for-information-on-trumps-2017-12?r=US&IR=T