News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Christmas 2018

Started by xSilverPhinx, December 06, 2018, 02:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Essie Mae

Quote from: Bluenose on December 07, 2018, 08:19:25 AM
Aussie Jingle Bells

Dashing through the bush,
in a rusty Holden Ute,
Kicking up the dust,
esky in the boot,
Kelpie by my side,
singing Christmas songs,
It's Summer time and I am in
my singlet, shorts and thongs

Oh! Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way,
Christmas in Australia
on a scorching summers day, Hey!
Jingle bells, jingle bells, Christmas time is beaut!,
Oh what fun it is to ride in a rusty Holden Ute.

Engine's getting hot;
we dodge the kangaroos,
The swaggie climbs aboard,
he is welcome too.
All the family's there,
sitting by the pool,
Christmas Day the Aussie way,
by the barbecue.

Christmas in Australia

Come the afternoon,
Grandpa has a doze,
The kids and Uncle Bruce,
are swimming in their clothes.
The time comes 'round to go,
we take the family snap,
Pack the car and all shoot through,
before the washing up.

Christmas in Australia
Great! Sent this to my Aussie son and family😂😂
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sherman Firefly on December 14, 2018, 09:59:44 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 14, 2018, 02:03:05 AM
^ Going to watch that later. :popcorn: It's midnight and I can't remember where I put my headphones. :P

No that was last nights dream.

Am I stuck in the Twilight Zone or something?  :scratch:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on December 14, 2018, 01:04:16 PM
I plan on spending Christmas alone, eating pizza half-naked in the couch in front of my Xbox, and the people all be like "Oh noes! That sounds terrible! Won't you come over to us and do Christmas stuff in stead?!" Look, thank you for the sentiment - it is sincerely appreciated, but what exactly do you think it is I'm trying to avoid by spending the holidays with muh video games? Doing the "Christmas stuff," that's what. It just does. Not. Interest. Me. Invite me to quarrel loudly over politics or watch a good (As opposed to some family-friendly Christmas- ) movie or some such, and I'm there. Holiday cheer and eating dinner at weird times and small children everywhere... I'd rather not.

This is probably not the first time I'm ranting about this here, as I have tried "just doing me" for the holidays before, with much similar reaction from the people around me. Yes, it's sad when someone who is lonely and does not have real options is all alone and depressed for Christmas. I am not that person. MY choice. I want a holiday with lots of silence, zero stress and a bit of junk food. GO AWAY, well-meaning family, friends, colleagues, sex partners and others who seem to think that they are the only ones I could have made plans with, had I wanted to. >:(

Ok, that's probably a little un-fair on those trying to be good without taking different priorities into consideration, but... It's just so damned therapeutic to rant about it every now and then.

You know, that doesn't sound like a bad way to spend the holiday. I've been postponing playing video games until next Saturday when I'm officially on holiday, and I am looking forward to it.

No one

Ecurb Noselrub

joeactor

+11 for Tom Lehrer!!!

... did you know Jingle Bells was written as a Thanksgiving song?

And speaking of that:

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 16, 2018, 02:17:11 PM
You know, that doesn't sound like a bad way to spend the holiday. I've been postponing playing video games until next Saturday when I'm officially on holiday, and I am looking forward to it.
Yep. It sounds good, right and proper because it IS good, right and proper.

If you don't mind, what's on your Christmas playlist?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on December 18, 2018, 01:27:20 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 16, 2018, 02:17:11 PM
Yep. It sounds good, right and proper because it IS good, right and proper.

If you don't mind, what's on your Christmas playlist?

A Zelda game: Ocarina of Time. I got that and a new Nintendo 3DS and am looking forward to unboxing the console. Come Saturday I'll be trying to figure the game out without having to resort to youtube tutorials playing. :tellmemore:

Bluenose

I love the seasonal holiday, getting together with family and friends, eating and drinking too much and all that.  I especially look forward to the grandkids, now I have some.  However, I totally respect your position Asmo, if you want to be alone, then be alone!  Good for you, that you know what you want!  I spend a great deal of my time on my own and I like it and do not feel lonely.  I don't need rescuing from my self and I think neither do you.  Here's to those that enjoy their own company!
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Icarus

I raise my cup to you Bluenose.  I too am comfortable with aloneness.  I like other people and admire the good ones and the various talents that they display.   I can get along very well when I am alone with nature, or God (if he is out there)  or a good book, some classical music, or sailing my boat  on a quiet day while admiring the beautiful natural things that are so easy to see.

xSilverPhinx

I don't mind peace and quiet, especially when I could do without some family members. There is a general feeling of obligation to give presents and see people during times like X-mas you otherwise wouldn't see.  ::)

I think I'll seclude myself in a room somewhere, play games and when approached I will preach Asmoism to unwanted company.  :blahblah:

xSilverPhinx

Ecurb Noselrub

I was Santa at work today, passing out candy and wishing Merry Christmas.  Then I informed everyone one that I was relocating to the South Pole because Global Warming was destroying my habitat. At least in Antarctica there is a continental mass under the ice.  But I'm going to miss eating the polar bears and arctic foxes - may be hard to get used to penguins.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 21, 2018, 07:28:43 PM

"Only you would have thought of this"   :rofl:  Needs to get rid of that mustache tho.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 21, 2018, 08:33:02 PM
I was Santa at work today, passing out candy and wishing Merry Christmas.  Then I informed everyone one that I was relocating to the South Pole because Global Warming was destroying my habitat. At least in Antarctica there is a continental mass under the ice.  But I'm going to miss eating the polar bears and arctic foxes - may be hard to get used to penguins.

Slightly traumatized by that last bit, but Merry Christmas Santa!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany