News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

I know you're not doctors...

Started by Arturo, July 15, 2017, 04:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Gloucester on July 15, 2017, 08:24:00 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on July 15, 2017, 08:21:21 PM
Quote from: OldGit on July 15, 2017, 08:17:09 PM
Hot whisky and lemon.
Ha-ha!  :grin:

Wonder if hot tequila and lime would work?

:beer:
I'm very sure tequila cures everything, even without the lime.   :yum:
:beer:

Arturo, you're so lucky to have us as your doctor.  :tellmemore:

Pretty soon, the weakness and the extreme sudden sleepiness will be gone, all you have to deal with is the "small, insignificant side effects" of the "medicine."  :snicker:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

Quote from: Claireliontamer on July 15, 2017, 06:32:33 PM
Well, technically I am.  I went to medical school.....

How have you been feeling otherwise?  Any signs of infection or illness?

No signs of infection or illness. I do have a psychotic disorder which affects brain chemistry. But otherwise I can say I've been feeling really good.

Edit: I do have mild and involuntary muscle tightening in the back of my head though.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Arturo on July 15, 2017, 11:01:30 PM
You guys and your alcohol lol
Sorry. Totally forgot about what you said in the other thread...about alcoholics dying.  :(

Well, you really can't blame us.  :smileshake:
You have given us permission to practice medicine without a licence.   :smilenod:
:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Arturo on July 15, 2017, 11:03:09 PM

No signs of infection or illness. I do have a psychotic disorder which affects brain chemistry. But otherwise I can say I've been feeling really good.

Edit: I do have mild and involuntary muscle tightening in the back of my head though.

Do you take antipsychotic medication? Some of them can make you very sleepy and can have impact on muscles too.

Arturo

Quote from: Claireliontamer on July 16, 2017, 08:44:53 AM

Do you take antipsychotic medication? Some of them can make you very sleepy and can have impact on muscles too.

Yes. Although the current on that I am on makes your muscles tighten, not weaken. Which is why I get it in the back of my head.

Also last week I went to the gym 4 days in a row, which is not normal for me. I usually go every other day to give myself some rest. I ran each day and had one long day where I focused only on legs. Each day I go I work 1-3 groups of muscles on that day.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Out of curiosity, are you getting muscle twitches as well after going to the gym 4 days in a row?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 16, 2017, 01:51:05 PM
Out of curiosity, are you getting muscle twitches as well after going to the gym 4 days in a row?

A little yeah. That's not out of the ordinary though.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

jumbojak

Quote from: OldGit on July 15, 2017, 08:17:09 PM
Hot whisky and lemon.

Don't forget to put some mustard on it too.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Arturo on July 16, 2017, 01:38:56 PM

Yes. Although the current on that I am on makes your muscles tighten, not weaken. Which is why I get it in the back of my head.

Also last week I went to the gym 4 days in a row, which is not normal for me. I usually go every other day to give myself some rest. I ran each day and had one long day where I focused only on legs. Each day I go I work 1-3 groups of muscles on that day.

It sounds like you're doing a lot which would explain the tiredness.  My tiredness hits me suddenly too, I can be fine and awake one minute and the next I literally cannot keep my eyes open no matter what I do.

Arturo

Quote from: Claireliontamer on July 16, 2017, 07:58:25 PM
Quote from: Arturo on July 16, 2017, 01:38:56 PM

It sounds like you're doing a lot which would explain the tiredness.  My tiredness hits me suddenly too, I can be fine and awake one minute and the next I literally cannot keep my eyes open no matter what I do.

Yes I always do a lot. During school I was also doing that and keeping up with family. I had a thread about this somewhere where I was concerned that I was crashing from doing so much for so long.

Edit: This is the post I refered to, although not it's own thread. http://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=724.msg354386#msg354386

I suspect that maybe because I am a guy, I am told that there is not too much work for me. So when I say I'm tired suddenly or my body gets weak, people who know me offline say I'm just not used to it. Although if that were true, I've been at this gym thing for over two and a half years. Why is it just hitting me now? It's not the usual hump to get over when you don't exercise for awhile.

I know that feeling well. I see it in my cousin. I know it inside and out. It's like you said, suddenly sleepy and nothing you can do.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

I am wondering if it is possible to acquire a chemical dependancy on peppermint!

After reading in fairly authorative places that p-mint infusion can be good for IBS I decided to give it a go. Seems to have worked, took a few months to make much difference but have not suffered the cramps and extremes of "habit" for the past year or so.

Then, during the hot weather, I dropped my six-a-day p-mint habit for just plain, cold water. Then I started suffering night cramps, restless legs, irritation, anxiety, restlesness, extra insomnia . . .

Have I developed a dependancy? After going back to my old drinking habit for a couple of days I slept far better last night!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

Well, lots on calming gastric smooth muscle but nothing on overall side effects!

Also lots on Linux systems called Mint and Peppermjnt and associated hitches and dependancies, don't think there is that kind of hitch in my system, hardware or software... Perhaps Matrix had the right idea, fix it with a modification to the code, disguised as a purple pill with green spots maybe!

Never mind, just so long as the twitches etc stay away and I get more sleep.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

If I'm not mistaken, I believe mint and peppermint contain menthol.
     Arturo The1  リ壱