News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Meet a few of your ancestors and cousins.

Started by Tank, February 08, 2012, 11:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Right between the top two. In that place, an ancient Asmo would be perfect.  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on February 08, 2012, 11:48:09 AM
Right between the top two. In that place, an ancient Asmo would be perfect.  :D
Pageing Buddy, Pageing Buddy!!!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Sandra Craft

Holy crap, one of them looks like my uncle Dewey.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

ThinkAnarchy

Stop with your lies Tank. If we evolved from monkey's, why are there still monkey's running around? You can't turn paper into fire and still have paper, so why should monkeys be able to turn into people without the monkeys disappearing. You're so stupid.  ;D
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Tank

Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on February 08, 2012, 07:37:51 PM
Stop with your lies Tank. If we evolved from monkey's, why are there still monkey's running around? You can't turn paper into fire and still have paper, so why should monkeys be able to turn into people without the monkeys disappearing. You're so stupid.  ;D
;D

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 08, 2012, 03:45:37 PM

Come on! You've got to tell us which one. Uncle Dewey will never find out!

Amicale

I definitely have some homo habilis in me. Seriously. If you gave that one brown hair and glasses, you'd have me. Same shaped head and everything...

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Twentythree

Soooo...how do the scientists and artists that work on these busts figure for facial and body. For example why aren't any of our anscestors sporting a sweet Cheech Marin moustache??

Crocoduck

I got a Homo erectus once. I was young, curious and exploring my confused adolescent sexuality. A cold shower helped with the swelling and lots of prayer made sure it never came back.
As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on February 08, 2012, 07:44:36 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 08, 2012, 03:45:37 PM

Come on! You've got to tell us which one. Uncle Dewey will never find out!

True enough, Uncle Dewey probably thinks going to a atheist website would cause him to instantly disintergrate.  Silly Homo Rudolfensis man.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

skwurll

Wow... I didn't know my family was that... hairy...