News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Atlantis Found?

Started by Tank, March 13, 2011, 03:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Atlantis Found? Film Highlights Professor’s Efforts to Locate Fabled Lost City

QuoteScienceDaily (Mar. 12, 2011) â€" Could the fabled lost city of Atlantis have been located? Using satellite photography, ground-penetrating radar and underwater technology, a team of experts (led by University of Hartford professor and archaeologist Richard Freund) has been surveying marshlands in Spain to look for proof of the ancient city. If the team can match geological formations to Plato's descriptions and date artifacts back to the time of Atlantis, we may be closer to solving one of the world's greatest mysteries.]Atlantis Found? Film Highlights Professor’s Efforts to Locate Fabled Lost City...

Even if this isn't Atlantis this looks like an interesting find.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

SSY

Quote from: "Tank"look for proof of the ancient city.

They don't sound too impartial, still one has to think about one's research grant these days.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

fester30

To me, this is just like the search for Noah's ark.  Both are based upon mythological literature.  Both are passionate quests by some people.  This guy uses Plato's writing the same way Noah's ark searchers use the Bible.  They look for clues in the writing that match things in the real world, hoping it will take them closer.