News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Biggus Dickus, March 08, 2016, 10:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Among events which may occur, those which should be feared are human portents. When careless ploughing causes crops to suffer and those who weed leave weeds behind, when government is reckless and loses the support of the people- the fields unkempt, the crops meager, grain sold dear, and people starving, corpses lying in the road: These are what I mean by human portents.

Xun Quing, Treatise on heaven, Third century BC

Dave

Moved to Gtumpy thread, too far off this thread!

http://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=10438.new#new
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

We've mastered the face, neck, and chest, so it's only natural that the ear area would be next" - A dermatologist on the new "it" trend...earlobe fillers.

So natural.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

"Nothing was ever in tune. People just blindly grabbed at whatever there was: communism, health foods, zen, surfing, ballet, hypnotism, group encounters, orgies, biking, herbs, Catholicism, weight-lifting, travel, withdrawal, vegetarianism, India, painting, writing, sculpting, composing, conducting, backpacking, yoga, copulating, gambling, drinking,
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

hanging around, frozen yogurt, Beethoven, Back, Buddha, Christ, TM, H, carrot juice, suicide, handmade suits, jet travel, New York City, and then it all evaporated and fell apart. People had to find things to do while waiting to die. I guess it was nice to have a choice."
--Charles Bukowski

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Bluenose

"The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

― Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Icarus

If a bird watching physicist falls off a cliff, he does nor worry about his binoculars; they fall with him.       Sir Herman Bondi.

Pick a flower on Earth and you move the farthest star: Paul Dirac

Your theory is crazy but it is crazy enough to be true: Niels Bohr

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Essie Mae

Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

xSilverPhinx

Not very poetic but still clever! :lol:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by."

― Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt

Icarus

The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming but on our readiness to receive him: Not on the chance of him not attacking but on the fact that we have made our position unassailable......Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win...............  Sun Tzu, sixth century BC

Essie Mae

Quote from: Icarus on April 11, 2018, 03:11:44 AM
The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming but on our readiness to receive him: Not on the chance of him not attacking but on the fact that we have made our position unassailable......Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win...............  Sun Tzu, sixth century BC

As all good barristers know, in court never ask a question to which you don't know the answer.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare