News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Duggar. Grandchild. Thoughts?

Started by joeactor, October 10, 2009, 01:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skwurll

notself

Quote from: "skwurll":eek:

That's too many children.

Not if the bigger ones raise the littler ones and the parents are giving birth to keep the ratings up on their TV show and to sell their books and products such as videos, recipes and advice.

parrotpirate

These people are just plain sick. Wasting air that somebody else could put to better use.
The one thing everybody needs to remember is that I never claimed to be sane!

i_am_i

Quote from: "parrotpirate"These people are just plain sick. Wasting air that somebody else could put to better use.

Man I don't agree with this at all. These are human beings that are doing what they desire to do and until I am shown that they're doing anything illegal or unethical or crazy or whatever I fail to see how what they're doing is anyone's business.

Are we to expect that we will like everything that other human beings decide to do with their lives? Such judgements are much more befitting the religious mindset.
Call me J

Sapere aude

karadan

I guess there might be a case for some of these kids missing out somewhat. Surely a mother and father can only do so much as parents for 18 children. The eldest kids will definitely have to babysit the younger ones and help out where possible. No that that's a bad thing, but it just highlights the fact that two people cannot adequately take care of 18 children without help.
I just wonder if all of those kids will get the same mental nourishment from their parents as a two, three or four child family.

Personally, i think 18 is too much for varying reasons. I can't see how in this day and age, it is justifiable.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

PoopShoot

Quote from: "karadan"Personally, i think 18 is too much for varying reasons. I can't see how in this day and age, it is justifiable.
It's not.  I have some neighbors who have about 8 and the only reason they're justifies is that they are self-sustaining on a family farm.  Even that is a short-lived cycle, considering the human population at this point.  We seriously need to legislate reproduction as relates to family size.  If we don't we will be finding the moon to be a pretty attractive piece of real estate and that's just sad.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

karadan

I agree. However, i wouldn't want to be the one trying to legislate such a political and legal nightmare as that can of worms.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

PoopShoot

Quote from: "karadan"I agree. However, i wouldn't want to be the one trying to legislate such a political and legal nightmare as that can of worms.
I would, but my political clout is zero and my potential to get some is even less than that.  Of course I wouldn't want to get as draconian about it as China, I would just like to see a cap of about 3 or 4 children placed on families.  It would have to be at least 2 to keep from ending up in a situation where there are tons of retired people and not enough young adults to fuel the economy.  I don't think 3 or 4 is an unreasonable cap and I don't think too many people would disagree.  I wouldn't advocate licensing or anything like that either.  I wouldn't require forced abortions or executions, but I would advocate compulsory sterilization for people who went above the cap.  I don't think those ideas are too extreme and I think the little bit that they do solve is worth it.  Of course, real legislation would have to be much more detailed in order to address concerns I didn't mention.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

karadan

So, not compulsory vasectomy's for all men (with reversal after successful application for fatherhood) and bar code tattoo's for all women who've conceived?

:P

PoopShoot

Quote from: "karadan"So, not compulsory vasectomy's for all men (with reversal after successful application for fatherhood) and bar code tattoo's for all women who've conceived?

Barcodes...  Hmm...
All hail Cancer Jesus!

karadan

Haight

Yes, that's exactly right, I'm a spammer, you caught me - I sent that last post out to millions of email addresses.

Tanker

Quote from: "i_am_i"
Quote from: "parrotpirate"These people are just plain sick. Wasting air that somebody else could put to better use.

Man I don't agree with this at all. These are human beings that are doing what they desire to do and until I am shown that they're doing anything illegal or unethical or crazy or whatever I fail to see how what they're doing is anyone's business.

Are we to expect that we will like everything that other human beings decide to do with their lives? Such judgements are much more befitting the religious mindset.

You don't think it would be irresponsable if every couple had 20+ kids. Not just the fact the earth would become overstrained and die within a generation. Have you heard of middle child syndrom multiply that by 18 middle children. How can 2 adults possibly give 20+ kids a proper amount of personal attention and time to bond and love. While a big brother or sister can be a great role model they shouldn't EVER become a surragate parent while the birth parent are alive and able. It's unfair to the child and to the siblings who have to give up they're own time, childhood, and experience to cover for parents who at this point are only having more kids selfishly for the money and attention. The Duggers absolutly sicken me.

(I say 20+ because even after the dangerous and difficult birth of #19 they want to try for another.)
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

Tanker

Quote from: "karadan"So, not compulsory vasectomy's for all men (with reversal after successful application for fatherhood) and bar code tattoo's for all women who've conceived?

How about compulsery Birth control. Vasectamies while fairly minor surgey is still freaking surgery and not always reversable. Stop taking a hormone shot and boom you're fertile again. Not to mention with the ways laws are written men have nearly zero reproductive rights. so shouldn't mothers who would be giving birth and more likely remain a parent after a split. A "succesful application for motherhood" would seem a better solution. Of course with either solution stupid people are going figure "now we can rawdog in safty" and VD will skyrocket.

just my $.02
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.