News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Political picture dump

Started by Tank, December 22, 2015, 01:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

OldGit

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

^ A special kind of cowboy wisdom.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

existentialcrisis

Quote from: Tank on December 22, 2015, 01:16:17 PM
This was worth starting a new thread!

A sentence needs to be added which reflects what happened:

Hate for Hillary Clinton lead to supporting Donald Trump.
There are no facts, only interpretations. - Friedrich Nietzche

The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason. - Benjamin Franklin.

Recusant

Quote from: existentialcrisis on December 07, 2016, 09:47:44 PMHate for Hillary Clinton lead to supporting Donald Trump.

Too simplistic. There was hatred of Clinton that worked in Trump's favor, but there was a lot of other hatred, directed at various other targets, that he was able to utilise.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Guardian85

Quote from: Recusant on December 07, 2016, 11:11:20 PM
Quote from: existentialcrisis on December 07, 2016, 09:47:44 PMHate for Hillary Clinton lead to supporting Donald Trump.

Too simplistic. There was hatred of Clinton that worked in Trump's favor, but there was a lot of other hatred, directed at various other targets, that he was able to utilise.
Not to mention the millions of people who voted for Trump in order to give the middle finger to the Establishment.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tom62

Quote from: Guardian85 on December 08, 2016, 06:28:57 AM

Not to mention the millions of people who voted for Trump in order to give the middle finger to the Establishment.

Yep, I think that is true as well.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Davin

Quote from: Guardian85 on December 08, 2016, 06:28:57 AM

Yeah. And if they still watching, they will find that instead of giving the establishment the middle finger, they actually gave the establishment a hand job.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

joeactor

Biggus Dickus

Moving trucks have arrived to remove all vestiges of hope, respect, dignity, honour, class and intelligence from the White House.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

Quote from: Father Bruno on January 18, 2017, 06:22:13 PM

Moving trucks have arrived to remove all vestiges of hope, respect, dignity, honour, class and intelligence from the White House.

As was said elsewhere (or was it here?), this may be the first time in America's history that a stinking rich white man is moving into a soon-to-be-evicted black man's house
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Quote from: Gloucester on January 18, 2017, 07:32:02 PM
Quote from: Father Bruno on January 18, 2017, 06:22:13 PM

As was said elsewhere (or was it here?), this may be the first time in America's history that a stinking rich white man is moving into a soon-to-be-evicted black man's house
Gloucester just quoted Snoop Dogg!  :frolic:
...But it's: "It WOULDN'T be..."  :grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant