News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Political picture dump

Started by Tank, December 22, 2015, 01:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Mr. B

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Mr. B

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

The person may change but . . .

[Though the attribution of the quote is in question it is still apposite.]

[Also checked the date, seemed too early for the word. Lewis was born in 1885 and died 1951, so he was of the right era. But the question of attribution still holds.]

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

Not sure if it has been mentioned but,  dump is a perfect word to describe politics.

Dave

Quote from: No one on August 17, 2016, 05:54:58 PM
Not sure if it has been mentioned but,  dump is a perfect word to describe politics.

Naw, "taking a dump" is a necessary, useful and healthy biological function. And even what is left can promote growth or make energy.

Whereas "necessary", "useful" and "healthy", or perhaps even "function", cannot truly be applied to politics and the by product is often an insult to humanity.

Mr. B

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Icarus

That really hurts Tom. The statistics may or may not be absolutely accurate but the message is clear. 

Quote from: Tom62 on August 29, 2016, 04:24:06 PM
In my country (Finland) people are not allowed to go bankrupt. Only companies are allowed to do that. Which means their debt just accrues, due to collection charges and interest. There is an extensive governmental health care plan, working okay, and it takes a huge portion of taxes collected.